The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

I got this older Heritage JS most of a year ago. There were more than a few dings on the top. It came with a second pickguard which is ebony with a Benedetto pickup and Schatten thumbwheels. The binding needed some gluing on it. I just got the guitar back from Pete Moreno.

The guitar was ordered originally by Vince Lewis or one of his bandmates originally. It plays and sound just great. I'm not sure why it was ordered in green, but it was.

I asked Pete to clean up the top. He said it would be best to respray it after he addressed the dings. I asked him to do the guitar how he would treat his personal instrument. He described it and I approved it.

Once upon a time I did not like red archtops. After I got one on loan from a friend I changed my mind. The same is true for me with blue and now green finishes.

First, here are the original pics.

Heritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-51720800470_0310a03d46_c-jpgHeritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-51719919656_b096ce0539_c-jpgHeritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-51719115612_c78548295c_c-jpg

These are the new ones.

Heritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-52254290025_cdc72d5f63_c-jpgHeritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-52254079204_a5d48cb4ac_c-jpgHeritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-52253816058_65a3412e48_c-jpgHeritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-52254290040_79258aef0e_c-jpgHeritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-52252823002_623b8273db_c-jpgHeritage Johnny Smith - spruce up!-20220731_121119-jpg
    Last edited by Marty Grass; 08-01-2022 at 05:27 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Marty good move on the Green Monster. The Heritage Johnny Smith are amazing guitars well underrated and overlooked with everyone going for a Gibson. Pete does great work and at his age he is still working amazing!

User Info Menu

But of course, it needed a Green Sunburst!

Cousins with Fred Archtop’s Green acoustic, for certain!

User Info Menu

Dig the new green burst finish! Nice seeing the wood.

User Info Menu

I'm green with envy . . . I know I know bad pun, but I do like the green JS!

User Info Menu

That's a beauty!

I think it needs to be played as much as possible.
    '

User Info Menu

nice !

mint, this guitar makes me think of mint, I like it.

User Info Menu

MG,
    Wow man. I totally didn’t expect it to look that nice. Honest. It went from Kermit to Emeralds!
    I gotta hand it to you. You are not afraid to take chances. And now are rewarded!
    Enjoy your new beauty.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Nice score!! Like you, I generally like don't care for green guitars but I really like this one. Huge congrats on finding a wonderful guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyname
    nice !

mint, this guitar makes me think of mint, I like it.
    LOL

You can certainly say this guitar is mint.

User Info Menu

Green is the color of growth, of wealth, of envy and freshness, fertility and desire.
    Jade and emeralds are hard and beautiful, salads are crunchy and quite nutritional; roses are red and violets are purple; guitars are fun in ways that are triple: owning and playing and sharing with people!

Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

.Marty she is a real beauty and having Pete do the repair work it was a brilliant move. that man has such a talent he’s working on my ghost built Gretsch Eldorado right now and I can’t wait to see the finished
    product. Those heritage Johnny Smith have such great highs.
    BigMike

User Info Menu

The green matches well with the abalone inlays.

ps- Love the guy in socks.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 08-01-2022 at 08:55 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    ps- Love the guy in socks.
    Fred’s a player, and a true forum treasure.

User Info Menu

Spruce was the perfect word. Wow, that turned out real nice!

User Info Menu

Congrats. Another beautiful finish from Heritage.