The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Now that I'm retired, I'm satisfying my urge to move into different guitar worlds. I really do love Blues music. In order to get the feel you need to be able to bend the strings. I use heavy strings on my acoustic and archtop instruments so that technique doesn't really work. I hate lighter gage strings on those types of guitars. I needed a solid body instrument that I could string with 9's or 10's and bend to my heart's content (with arthritic fingers). My first solid body guitar is a PRS McCarty Single Cut. Several surprises here for me. 1. You don't have to get one in purple. They make them with elegant woods and finishes. 2. The variety of tones you can get out of them is astonishing. Crunchy Blues was easy. So was the typical smooth jazz sound. 3. Boy are they comfortable to play. Really small lower bout but the heavier weight (around 9lbs) keeps them secure in your lap. 4. The necks (at least on this instrument) are to die for. Comfortable, fast.

Retiree's Prayer: I am so old, but I have so much to learn. May I never stop learning.

PRS Solid Body-2-jpegPRS Solid Body-5-jpegPRS Solid Body-3-jpegPRS Solid Body-4-jpeg
    PRS Solid Body-img_0968-2-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful! PRS guitars are second to none in ergonomics, fit, finish, tonal versatility, and playability. And the necks are (for me) perfect. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Awesome wood and a bound headstock!

User Info Menu

Lovely guitar. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Beautiful woods, inlays and binding. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Been a great NGD all around…. You, Vinny, me….
    I love the natural binding.
    Hope you bend that baby for a long time!

User Info Menu

Congrats and don't forget that a PRS solid body is a great guitar for jazz as well.

User Info Menu

that is one of the nicest looking PRS, congrats!

User Info Menu

Look at that mahogany!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Look at that mahogany!
    And that maple cap!

User Info Menu

Congratulations on your beautiful guitar!
    Here's an interesting video (rock song) where a gentleman playing a PRS trades solos with a gentleman playing a Les Paul-note the differences in sound (both sound great)! Solos begin at min: 2:29

User Info Menu

Oh boy that’s a beautiful guitar!
    Enjoy!
    JD