The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Oh the Good Life.
    Full of fun, seems be, the ideal..

I keep coming back to this guitar. The picture Vinny took of the extended bindings in the cutaway, the feature I personally refer to as the “Dimples of Kalamazoo” are even more perfect on a big guitar. It is one of the sexiest features on any object. Of course in my twisted brain, It relates to the Dimples of Venus..

Bro, I hope you love this guitar just as much as all the others. You could probably make a movie about the story of its life.

JD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    In the cabinet in the background, what is that silver stereo component with the big left side display?
    Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to, it looks to me like a cassette deck. It's not a display, it's where the cassette goes.

Actually the original owner tried to get it back after Mark fixed it but Mark said no because he didn’t take good care of it.
    We must be good stewards of these instruments. We are just temporary caretakers of them.
    When my toes curl hopefully the new owners will cherish them like I did. Play them but care for them too.
    Fixing a broken headstock on a S400 with cheap glue and 3 wood screws is unbelievable. A person like that doesn’t deserve a S400.
    Not to mention all the drop fills Mark had to do.

L-5’s and S400’s should be treated like royalty not a campfire guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Actually the original owner tried to get it back after Mark fixed it but Mark said no because he didn’t take good care of it.
    We must be good stewards of these instruments. We are just temporary caretakers of them.
    When my toes curl hopefully the new owners will cherish them like I did. Play them but care for them too.
    Fixing a broken headstock on a S400 with cheap glue and 3 wood screws is unbelievable. A person like that doesn’t deserve a S400.
    Not to mention all the drop fills Mark had to do.

L-5’s and S400’s should be treated like royalty not a campfire guitar.
    Just like a Campellone!
    JD

User Info Menu

Bro,
    So what do you think about the guitar?
    Is there anything you want to share about the Grandaddy of archtops?
    JD

User Info Menu

I think having a great guitar back to business with flawless aspects is even more satisfying than a brand new instrument. These guitars deserve to be treated like divas and we are just devoted caretakers. That's exactly what you did Vinny.

Congrats Vinny!

Bro it is a great guitar. It’s 20 years old. It’s not mint. It is in VG condition with a brand new neck. Great neck profile, great frets, and great tone. I put TI’s on it yesterday. It has that big tone that can only come from a big box. Very easy to play.