The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

OK, slightly off topic for the forum but I noticed in today's Far Side rerun that the guitar depicted is a D'Aquisto:

https://www.thefarside.com/2022/06/23/1

Gary Larson was a D'Aquisto owner and a student of Jim Hall. He did one of Jim's album covers.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Love it !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    OK, slightly off topic for the forum but I noticed in today's Far Side rerun that the guitar depicted is a D'Aquisto:

https://www.thefarside.com/2022/06/23/1

Gary Larson was a D'Aquisto owner and a student of Jim Hall. He did one of Jim's album covers.
    Hilarious! Yes, from what I've heard Gary is an excellent player. Many of Jimmy's guitars passed through Gary's hands. Gary has excellent taste!

User Info Menu

Love this!

User Info Menu

Great teacher Jon Damian had this comic taped to his door so all students could go into his room with a smile.
    D'Aquisto on The Far Side-screen-shot-2022-06-23-6-12-01-pm-png

User Info Menu

LOL!! Pure Gary Larson Farside - take something relatively ordinary, and make it look ridiculous!

User Info Menu

A friend of mine was the A&R guy at Concord Records for many years; this story is true about Gary and Herb.

D'Aquisto on The Far Side-herb-jpg

User Info Menu

An ES-175 and a Polytone Mini Brute....

User Info Menu

w/ a floretian cutaway

User Info Menu

I must admit, I don't get many of these Far Side jokes...They mostly WHOOOOSH over my head. I like his illustration style though.

Oh, I think I get it now, is it a play on the correct fingering thing?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Oh, I think I get it now, is it a play on the correct fingering thing?
    Probably best not to overthink this, but I can try Anthropomorphised, the 5th leg could be one of the two hindlegs so the cartoon might refer to [not] tapping rythm. But in an insect-centric POV it makes little sense as they'd have 2 or 1 pairs of legs and 1 or 2 pair of arms ... and why would they number their limbs 1-6?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Probably best not to overthink this, but I can try Anthropomorphised, the 5th leg could be one of the two hindlegs so the cartoon might refer to [not] tapping rythm. But in an insect-centric POV it makes little sense as they'd have 2 or 1 pairs of legs and 1 or 2 pair of arms ... and why would they number their limbs 1-6?
    He was just trying to teach a budding guitarist how to get a leg up on the competition.

User Info Menu

Oh stop pulling my leg.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Oh stop pulling my leg.
    When your solo comes around, just wing it.

User Info Menu

165 I think.