The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Very nice bag -- solid and light-weight! I was not sure about the "top-loading" design, but I was reassured by other owners here in other gig bag discussions that it worked; on first try, it makes sense, and the guitar is certainly secure.
    Happy Fathers’ Day! I sure do love mine. My initial worries about the fact that the guitar body rubs against the case rim when putting it in or taking it out seem not to be a valid concern. The zipper doesn’t touch the guitar and the lining is very soft. And so far, I don’t even see any faint swirlies in the finish on the back where it rubs. The top loading feature is great on small, crowded stages.

Next time I see a sale, I’m going to get one for my solid bodies.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Happy Fathers’ Day! I sure do love mine. My initial worries about the fact that the guitar body rubs against the case rim when putting it in or taking it out seem not to be a valid concern. The zipper doesn’t touch the guitar and the lining is very soft. And so far, I don’t even see any faint swirlies in the finish on the back where it rubs. The top loading feature is great on small, crowded stages.

Next time I see a sale, I’m going to get one for my solid bodies.
    Do you think that slide into and out of the bag will be kind to my Bigsby?

Thanks,

Charley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    My family was generous enough to order me the Mono Vertigo bag for my Holst on Father's Day -- just arrived today! This is the "semi-hollowbody" size, and my guitar is 16".

Very nice bag -- solid and light-weight! I was not sure about the "top-loading" design, but I was reassured by other owners here in other gig bag discussions that it worked; on first try, it makes sense, and the guitar is certainly secure. As much as I baby my gear on gigs, I have put a guitar in a "regular" bag and then picked it up without zipping it!! [fortunately without going too far and damaging, though!] This may help my rare carelessness ...

Some pics:

Attachment 92355
    Let's see that guitar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    Do you think that slide into and out of the bag will be kind to my Bigsby?

Thanks,

Charley
    If I had to pick sides, I’d be a bit more concerned about the bag’s lining than the Bigsby. If it’s gold plated, there could be premature rubbing off. But to be honest, I’ve never seen gold plated guitar parts that didn’t have some underlying metal showing after a few years of anything more than occasional home use. I got a used ‘59 345 in 1960 that had already lost at least 25% of the plating on both pickups.

The Mono descriptions of the Vertigo bags all suggest a “hinge” (their word, not mine) in the top that lets it fall open across a diagonal. I don’t see or feel any evidence of that and was surprised that the top has to be held firmly open to slip in a full size archtop. The first time I did it, I was concerned enough to want to return the bag. But I figured that so many positive reviews and no mention at all of the inevitable rubbing as the guitar goes in and out strongly suggested a lack of merit for my concerns.

So far, that’s been right and I was probably worried needlessly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Let's see that guitar!
    Ha! Thanks; I've posted a bunch before- no need to hijack (again)!

User Info Menu

After all the great advice, I went ahead and ordered the Gator Pro-Go 335 case. I called them and they said it would handle the Bigsby. And it was on sale on Amazon for $169.

I hope it really fits...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    After all the great advice, I went ahead and ordered the Gator Pro-Go 335 case. I called them and they said it would handle the Bigsby. And it was on sale on Amazon for $169.

I hope it really fits...
    The bag came today and it fits...tight fit but it will be fine. Other than being heavy which I expected, it looks to be a very nice gig bag.