The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

fist half inside and folksy, at 2 minute mark we go dissonant.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut

Sounds great! Is that one of the custom Halflings Tom made by hand or one his shop made?

-Charley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    Sounds great! Is that one of the custom Halflings Tom made by hand or one his shop made?

-Charley
    thanks! It’s from “the shop” back in the day. Tom did a few tweaks on it at the time and I believe he did the color which was originally much more blue- but it’s gotten so dark it reads as black in most light. I have two Halflings from back then. Here’s a video of them playing a duet:

User Info Menu

thanks! It’s from “the shop” back in the day. Tom did a few tweaks on it at the time and I believe he did the color which was originally much more blue- but it’s gotten so dark it reads as black in most light. I have two Halflings from back then. Here’s a video of them playing a duet:
    Thanks. The duet is cool! I love the sound of the Halflings and your playing. But not so much a fan of the Halfling's appearance. I know it shouldn't matter...There's one for sale on Reverb, in sort of an orange-ish color.

--Charley

User Info Menu

Thanks. The duet is cool! I love the sound of the Halflings and your playing. But not so much a fan of the Halfling's appearance. I know it shouldn't matter...There's one for sale on Reverb, in sort of an orange-ish color.

--Charley
    . I see the one on Reverb- it’s a pin bridge which is a bit of a different animal. Interesting that the esthetics of the Halfling is unappealing to you. I love how they look! Different strokes, right?

User Info Menu

. I see the one on Reverb- it’s a pin bridge which is a bit of a different animal. Interesting that the esthetics of the Halfling is unappealing to you. I love how they look! Different strokes, right?
    The archtop one is here: Ribbecke Halfling | Reverb

User Info Menu

The archtop one is here: Ribbecke Halfling | Reverb
    perfect! If I ever need a third one….. mmmm, ok, no

User Info Menu

Beautifully played Mark. What a sound check! So wonderfully fluid too, both your fingers and tone.

User Info Menu

Love it. Your arrangement is complex but even through challenging cadences and internal counter harmony, you have a simple and powerful melodic idea that resolves beautifully.

Very clever.

I'm just listening to you now on Spotify! Shame I can't find the song you posted.

I found the half-ling to be a revelation. I've never played one but the idea imo is really needed in a world where Archtops, often cannot cope very well well the bass string past the 10th fret. Having the clarity in the low E of an acoustic guitar and the response of an Archtop on the other strings, seems like a logical solution. I've wanted one for some time and one day will get one.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    Love it. Your arrangement is complex but even through challenging cadences and internal counter harmony, you have a simple and powerful melodic idea that resolves beautifully.

Very clever.

I'm just listening to you now on Spotify! Shame I can't find the song you posted.

I found the half-ling to be a revelation. I've never played one but the idea imo is really needed in a world where Archtops, often cannot cope very well well the bass string past the 10th fret. Having the clarity in the low E of an acoustic guitar and the response of an Archtop on the other strings, seems like a logical solution. I've wanted one for some time and one day will get one.

Cheers
    thank you! All of my recent stuff goes to YouTube. Please subscribe- I’ve posted hundreds of these, so best to look with sort set to “newest” first. Mark Kleinhaut jazz guitar - YouTube

User Info Menu

thank you! All of my recent stuff goes to YouTube. Please subscribe- I’ve posted hundreds of these, so best to look with sort set to “newest” first. Mark Kleinhaut jazz guitar - YouTube
    I will do.

Do you have any intention to put more stuff on Spotify? I usually go there for all my music and playlists. Would be nice to listen to your music whilst in the workshop.

Cheers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    I will do.

Do you have any intention to put more stuff on Spotify? I usually go there for all my music and playlists. Would be nice to listen to your music whilst in the workshop.

Cheers.
    sorry no. I actually don’t have an account for it. Back when I was putting out CDs that had distribution they took care of everything. It’s been a decade or more since those times. I don’t think you’ll find any solo guitar on there from me.

User Info Menu

Mark, you previously said you're an all-jazz guy who just fakes classical guitar. Now you faked 20th century composition tradition in a most pleasurable and convincing way. Something that would invite roaring ovation from any concert audience. Thanks again!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Mark, you previously said you're an all-jazz guy who just fakes classical guitar. Now you faked 20th century composition tradition in a most pleasurable and convincing way. Something that would invite roaring ovation from any concert audience. Thanks again!
    Thanks so much, but….Yes, it’s entirely faked because it’s not composed at all. I mean, all I do is improvise. One note in front of the other