The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

not sure how it's different other than color/inlays [edit] maple top, possibly slightly thicker

GBSP10 | GB | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Mmmm... Looks just like the specs for my GB100. even has the scroll work and same inlays..
    Funny thing.. I played the GB100 this morning and decided if I ever sell it, then I am a total idiot.
    JD

i'm guessing $4500-$5000 ?

User Info Menu

I love my early Chinese built GB10SE so much that I bought it twice, but this sure looks good.

User Info Menu

The GBSP10 has fretboard and tailpiece inlays similar to the GB12/GB100, but has a non-inlayed bridge base.
    They call it the 'Special GBSP10 Bridge'.

Overall I dig it!

User Info Menu

Well call me crazy, but I’ve always found these models to feedback quite easily,as well as poly finishes and skinny necks. Love the concept but never could bond with them.
    They we’re also quite bright sounding, but that’s George’s sound for sure.And hard to argue with such a great players choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Well call me crazy, but I’ve always found these models to feedback quite easily,as well as poly finishes and skinny necks. Love the concept but never could bond with them.
    They we’re also quite bright sounding, but that’s George’s sound for sure.And hard to argue with such a great players choice.
    I have plugs in my 2005 and I can play quite loud with it. It's not overly bright. Sounds great in all pickup positions. Very mellow with the tone control dialed down

User Info Menu

Really interesting as we heard no mention of it from NAMM.
    But, according to Rich at Ibanezrules, it’s a limited edition, “20 built”, a 2022.5 model.
    He says he grabbed one.
    Only $4299.99 minimum advertised price, list $5733.33.
    I’m outta that race

Nice pix and details here: IBANEZ GBSP10 GEORGE BENSON

jads… one man’s skinny neck is heaven to another)

User Info Menu

"Wine Red is the cheap finish," says nobody ever.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    GB's are designed to have a bit of a bright tone...for an archtop. That better projects the sound Benson desired for live performances.

To me the warmest sounding GB models are the GB15TR and GB200. However none of the GB models have skinny necks in my opinion. And I have hands large enough to palm a basketball.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    GB's are designed to have a bit of a bright tone...for an archtop. That better projects the sound Benson desired for live performances.

To me the warmest sounding GB models are the GB15TR and GB200. However none of the GB models have skinny necks in my opinion. And I have hands large enough to palm a basketball.
    I have the GB100 and 200. I wouldn't call the necks skinny. They have a nice bit of weight on the sides to make up for the shallow's backs. Kinda like a D'aquisto carve?
    The necks on the GB20's in the late 70's were chunky.

User Info Menu

Well shows we all have our preference for tone and neck shape. One person skinny is a medium large for someone else. The specs listed on Ibanez website show the neck depth at 20 mm to 23 mm which is .780” to .905”

Thats a fairly slender spec neck much like Gibson 1960 shape necks.
    Never have played any Ibanez hollow body with a substantial sized neck ala Gibson 1950’s shape. But everyone is different and that’s why their so many choices available.

User Info Menu

Hi Guys,

Anyone here had the chance to try one or know someone who did?? Has Ibanez started to deliver these in the USA and Canada?

Cheers

User Info Menu

...getting page not found when clicking on the link in the OP post... Ibanez does not care/know much about if they are moving pages in the web site a an automatic redirect may placed there, but as a first rule, do not move pages. Obviusly they think it was enough to buy Benson, Metheny and Scofield, then all done...

(yes, this is a rant, I am convinced they are selling bad price/value products)

User Info Menu

Try this link:
    GBSP10 | GB | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

also...
    For sale...'only' $4,299.

Ibanez GBSP10 George Benson Limited Edition Electric Guitar

Pre-Order:
    Ibanez George Benson GBSP10 Signature Electric Guitar - Red (PRE- ORDE - Huber Breese Music
    Ibanez George Benson GBSP10 Signature Electric Guitar - Red | Reverb

The standard GB10 is a bit less at $3,600.

Prices have really gone up on the GB models, but so have all other quality jazz guitars.

User Info Menu

Not sure those Huber-Breeze people can ‘pre-order’ one. Also I see Woodwind and Brass saying the same (a prime guitar house, for sure)))

You are not likely to many/any of these in the wild….Check my post #8 above…according to my dealer contact it’s a limited edition that if a dealer was quick in ordering from Ibanez they could get. Hence the price. He sold the one he had as I recall pretty quickly. Not to me. It’s still on his site as sold, he explains the rarity.
    IBANEZ GBSP10 GEORGE BENSON

I’m going to reach out to see if it’s coming around again.
    jk

User Info Menu

Interesting binding. Has a thick gray stripe. I could do without, kinda overkill. But I do like the inlays on the ebony parts. To bad (JMO) they don't offer a burst.

User Info Menu

Re the GBSP10…. I was told 15 total came to the US, and it’s probably a one time build. Ibanez is not taking orders.

I do know where a brandy-new one is available if interested PM me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Re the GBSP10…. I was told 15 total came to the US, and it’s probably a one time build. Ibanez is not taking orders.

I do know where a brandy-new one is available if interested PM me.
    Hi Jazzkritter,

I just tried to PM you but it says I had to post first, so please find below my message and I believe you can now reply to me with PM.
    Thanks a bunch!

————-

Hi Jazzkritter

I just saw your comment on the forum yesterday. And I have a couple questions for you.

I just tried to call Hoshino USA but lines were busy.
    So here’s the thing, I did ordered one GBSP10 in mid-august via CMS and it’s been paid in full and confirmed. Now I’m wondering what’s going as you said you’ve heard than 15 or the 20 have arrived in Hoshino and looking at your post date it’s like a month ago, meanwhile CMS still hasn’t received my guitar … is it normal procedure? Like they do inspection and so on?? If you have any info on this that would be really helpful.
    Also you’ve mentioned that you know where to find/buy one that was available and I got a friend that really wanted one but as you know it has been very tough to understand who got it or not. So if you can let me know as well where he can buy it for sure if still available.

Many thanks in advance