The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

I have no idea whether it contains fish oil, but IME it does work as a fish attractant. I don't know why.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Regarding WD-40 - some gentlemen of my acquaintance some years ago were using WD-40 to treat their arthritic hands. It may be relevant that these same gentlemen were firm believers in Black Gummint Helicopter SWAT teams planting Maryjuwanna in their cornfields. This was during the "Milita" craze of the 90's. I believe they resented my scepticism, mainly because they said so. Pointedly, and repeatedly.

It take all kinds, doesn't it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Regarding WD-40 - some gentlemen of my acquaintance some years ago were using WD-40 to treat their arthritic hands.
    Dang, man! Ain’t nothin’ worse fer a geetarist than rusty fingers!

User Info Menu

WD40… nothing better for removing a stubborn nut out of your life.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Regarding WD-40 - some gentlemen of my acquaintance some years ago were using WD-40 to treat their arthritic hands. It may be relevant that these same gentlemen were firm believers in Black Gummint Helicopter SWAT teams planting Maryjuwanna in their cornfields. This was during the "Milita" craze of the 90's. I believe they resented my scepticism, mainly because they said so. Pointedly, and repeatedly.

It take all kinds, doesn't it?
    I went fishing years ago and for some reason had a can of WD40 with me (can't remember why it was there).
    I was getting no bites at all so I sprayed my bait with WD40 out of boredom.
    I kid you not, The dogfish went mental for it. I caught the biggest dogfish of my life on that day, it was huge.
    it felt like reeling in a plastic bag full of water.
    I threw that one back as it was so big I figured it must be pretty old, and anything that old deserved to keep swimming. I did eat it's buddies though.

User Info Menu

Ballistol has been around a very long time. It is used a lot around firearms as it does a good job of cleaning and preserving. If you have collectable firearms, there is a very high probability you will have a container of Ballistol. It's a great all-rounder. CLP, a more modern concoction may be better as a rust inhibitor. Kroil is better for penetration and cleaning and beats WD40 in this regard.

A bit OT:  Ballistol?-imgp3706-2021_11_17-04_48_06-utc-jpg

As for guitars.. I don't have a lot of use for lubricants around guitars. That's just asking for it. Though the occasional super light touch of grease on the tuner gears is OK.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    A bit OT:  Ballistol?-imgp3706-2021_11_17-04_48_06-utc-jpg

As for guitars.. I don't have a lot of use for lubricants around guitars.
    You do have an interesting variety of Fast Fret for your fellow guitar players!