The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 115

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by telephone
    ‘60 ES-125TDC, ‘51 ES-350 sn A6879, ‘51 ES-350 sn A6872.

The 350 on the right (A6872) will be moving on as soon as I find a buyer.

Wow, how can you even pick between the two!?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And for you "folkies." An early Washburn and Bay State.

Show Your vintage gear!-vintage-3-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Burrellesque
    Attachment 93074

1952 Gibson ES-350N, 1961 Gibson L-7C
    What a perfect duo. One electric lam, one carved acoustic.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-27-2022 at 03:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    I'll join in! Here's my 1953 L-7C, 1973 L-5CES, and bonus 1946 Gibson lap steel. This is all I have vintage items I own at the moment, but had others come through my house over the years that I got to enjoy for awhile before moving on to buy these two.

Attachment 91963
    The spruce on the L5 is beautiful.

User Info Menu

Show Your vintage gear!-vintage4-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    I think that's the most beautiful maple back I've ever seen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan

Is that a faded sunburst, or a yellowed natural?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Is that a faded sunburst, or a yellowed natural?
    It’s a faded burst. Here’s the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Those faded sunburst back with that kind of flamed maple are simply about the best. Combines real beauty with class that does not go overboard. A gem.

User Info Menu

1843, London, a Melophonic (!) Guitar by brothers D. & A. Roudhloff. With Brazilian rosewood of the highest quality on back, sides...and neck! Sounds beautiful.The Melophonic was bigger in the body that other guitars of that era, not hugely, maybe an inch wider and longer, and came with X-bracing - in the same year that C. F. Martin is supposed to have invented X-bracing. Arguments rage over who was the first. This is one great guitar. Sounds great for mellow jazz too. Originally gut-strung.

Show Your vintage gear!-roudhloff-112-sm-jpg Show Your vintage gear!-roudhloff-112-sm5-jpg Show Your vintage gear!-roudhloff-112-sm6-jpg

User Info Menu

Excellent. Are they ball-ends, or do you tie a knot?

User Info Menu

Tie a knot, definitely.

User Info Menu

I know you Euro folks often lament about the lack of American guitars available over there, but you have a goldmine for historical 19th century romantic guitars.

User Info Menu

That's for sure!

User Info Menu

The original trio of 80's vintage Ibanez time/modulation pedals. All bought new back then, now highly sought after. The chorus is the best I have ever heard. (If you like that kind of thing.) Basically two choruses in one. Put them both on very low and it's silky smooth without the warbling.

Show Your vintage gear!-pedals-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-27-2022 at 08:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Lovely

User Info Menu

The original trio of 80's vintage Ibanez time/modulation pedals. All bought new back then, now highly sought after. The chorus is the best I have ever heard. (If you like that kind of thing.) Basically two choruses in one. Put them both on very low and it's silky smooth without the warbling.

Show Your vintage gear!-pedals-jpg
    ps - One of the great features about these full size pedal is, as you can see, the jacks are on top. Saves space when stacking them together and with other pedals, and makes switching pedal order a breeze without having to remove them. Or use just one, two, or all three.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    I’ll show you mine Show Your vintage gear!

1950 ES-125:

Late 60ies or early 70ies Guyatone Reverb Custom (Twin Reverb clone, behind my DIY ES-330 kit guitar):
    Great 330! I've never heard of the DIY "Kit." Please elaborate, thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking
    Not a lot of pre-'80 stuff here, and certainly nothing as impressive as above, but:

Attachment 91982
    '77 Starcaster
    I always thought the Starcaster was a very cool guitar. Never had the chance to play one so I don't know how they feel or sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    Primary tone control. 1954 but still in pretty good condition.

Attachment 92008
    Wow, my tone control from roughly the same vintage also still works well!

Show Your vintage gear!-hand1-jpg
    Show Your vintage gear!-hand2-jpg
    Show Your vintage gear!-hand3-jpg

User Info Menu

1950 Epiphone Devon. I love this guitar.
    Show Your vintage gear!-93d76d13-7b58-42b3-987a-9a6f73798378-jpeg

This left Kalamazoo in 1958 as an ES-125T. Various people unknown have done horrible things to it, and now it's more or less a TDC. Collector's value: 0. Player's value: priceless.

Show Your vintage gear!-es125_fr-jpg

User Info Menu

Great 330! I've never heard of the DIY "Kit." Please elaborate, thanks.
    I'll bet that's from Bian.

Steven

User Info Menu

Almost forgot my 80-ish Richelieu Golden Eagle long scale plectrum jazz banjo, complete with the original pick holder and sliding volume mute for quiet practicing. High-end long scale 4 string plectrum jazz banjos are hard to find in the newer market. When I retire from my day job this coming Spring I will take it apart and clean/polish the entire metal rim parts.

Show Your vintage gear!-banjo3-jpg
    Show Your vintage gear!-banjo1-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-29-2022 at 08:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Almost forgot my 80-ish Richelieu Golden Eagle long scale plectrum jazz banjo, complete with the original pick holder and sliding volume mute for quiet practicing. When I retire from day job this coming Spring I will take it apart and clean/polish the entire metal rim parts.
    I've found one of those mutes and it's on the way for my tenor. Do you use it much? Jimmy Mazzy gets great tones with it, but I'm not Jimmy Mazzy.
    steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stevo58
    I've found one of those mutes and it's on the way for my tenor. Do you use it much? Jimmy Mazzy gets great tones with it, but I'm not Jimmy Mazzy.
    steven
    Is it a Richelieu mute, or another version? I actually use the mute down in the downstairs studio while my wife sleeps in. I mostly use my banjo for theater gigs. "Hello Dolly," "42nd St," etc. I did one whole job with a dixieland band and it was great.

Just be careful with the mute. If you put it full on, it can knock over the bridge if you don't hold it in place while doing so.