The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 25 of 25

User Info Menu

Thought you guys might find this interesting/amusing...

BOT: picture message BOT: Hi! I'm Trem, the Reverb virtual assistant.
    BOT: Greetings, jack.
    BOT: Ask me a question or tap a common one below.

USER: report listing

BOT: Sorry, I don't understand that. I'm still learning...
    BOT: Try me again with different words?

USER: Connect with Reverb Support

BOT: No problem - I can put you in touch with someone from our Customer Experience team.
    BOT: Before I connect you, please tell me what your issue is regarding:

USER: Selected: Buying

BOT: Thanks! What can we assist you with when Buying on Reverb?

USER: Selected: Question about a Listing

BOT: Please describe the issue or question you have in one to two sentences for us.

USER: report listing

AGENT (Fatima M.): Hey jack, Fatima M. from Reverb here! I'm catching up on your previous conversation right now. One moment, please.

USER: Hi, i want to report this seller. He is listing instruments which he does not have. This particular listing is for an instrument I purchased directly from the builder in september 2021
    USER: https://reverb.com/my/messages/new?i...e-de17c592d467
    USER: Other people I know have contacted him to purchase instruments only to find he doesn't really have them and is using it as click-bait to try to con them into a custom order

AGENT (Fatima M.): Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.
    AGENT (Fatima M.): One moment while I take a look at this for you. Thanks!

USER: downloadable message
    USER: the attached image is the one the builder sent me directly prior to me purchasing it directly. Note the builder is JCR, not bassgears who is the advertiser here.
    USER: See the grain on upper bout and the circular stain to the left of the bridge pickup ?

AGENT (Fatima M.): Thank you for the image you provided.
    AGENT (Fatima M.): Still looking into this for you; thanks for your patience.
    AGENT (Fatima M.): Just to clarify, this user is using someone else's listing?

USER: noooooooooo!
    USER: He's advertising merchandise that he doesn't have.
    USER: In this case, he is advertising an instrument I bought directly from the luthier in september

AGENT (Fatima M.): I apologize for the misunderstanding.

USER: but as far as I can tell, he has none of the instruments he is listing. Friends of mine have tried to buy instruments that he has listed on reverb and he tells them they are not in stock but he can custom order them one "just like it"

AGENT (Fatima M.): I appreciate you letting us know about this - we take our listing standards seriously and strive to make sure Reverb remains a safe and reliable source for gear.
    AGENT (Fatima M.): I just reported the listing to our team for review. In the future, you can alert us of potential issues with listings by using the ‘Report Listing to Reverb’ button found at the bottom of any listing. This will notify our team and we’ll review the listing with the seller as necessary.

USER: ah, ok. By the way, what happens on a listing for an instrument that is not built yet such as this?
    USER: MGbass WaveBird Burl 4 strings bartolini pickup & preamp | Reverb
    USER: how does the reverb 14 day money back guarantee apply on an instrument that may be months before it's ready?

AGENT (Fatima M.): You can visit this link for more information:
    AGENT (Fatima M.): How to report listings to Reverb
    Security check

USER: are you going to answer my question?

AGENT (Fatima M.): It is at your discretion if you want to proceed to that kind of order.

USER: please answer my question

AGENT (Fatima M.): I have answered your question.

USER: how does the reverb 14 day money back guarantee apply on an instrument that may be months before it's ready?

AGENT (Fatima M.): It will depend on the seller's shop policies that we will honor.
    USER: in other words, if it goes beyond the 14 days you will do *NOTHING*. Thanks for the clarification

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think you are a masochist, Jack. How do ya like them cat-o-nine-tails?

User Info Menu

Ebay used to be really cool, then it got worse, then it got awful.

Then Reverb came along and it was great, then it got worse, and now I think sucks worse than Ebay and I never want to use either one again!

But probably will....

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I think you are a masochist, Jack. How do ya like them cat-o-nine-tails?
    accompanied by tall stilettos...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy
    Ebay used to be really cool, then it got worse, then it got awful.

Then Reverb came along and it was great, then it got worse, and now I think sucks worse than Ebay and I never want to use either one again!

But probably will....
    yeah, ebay is better than this I think...This person was either totally clueless or just really poor english comprehension...

User Info Menu

The Walmartazation of the world is the model followed. Everyone wants to be Rich and pay no one one else a fair wage! And as long as consumers allow this, by using these stores,etc. we all suffer!

Jack be thankful we only have maybe 25 years left of this crap!

User Info Menu

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    The Walmartazation of the world is the model followed. Everyone wants to be Rich and pay no one one else a fair wage! And as long as consumers allow this, by using these stores,etc. we all suffer!

Jack be thankful we only have maybe 25 years left of this crap!
    Well at least Walmart is an actual shop you go into that employs actual humans.

Walmart is on its way out… replaced by tech giants…

User Info Menu

I wondered if using ELIZA, the mindless AI therapist (e.g., Eliza, a chatbot therapist) might be at least as helpful as Reverb customer support.
    She didn't criticize my typos.
    Transcript:
    Reverb customer support-eliza-transcript-jpg
    Yep, this is just as helpful. Maybe more. I feel better about myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images Reverb customer support-eliza-transcript-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamScott
    I wondered if using ELIZA, the mindless AI therapist (e.g., Eliza, a chatbot therapist) might be at least as helpful as Reverb customer support.
    She didn't criticize my typos.
    Transcript:
    Reverb customer support-eliza-transcript-jpg
    Yep, this is just as helpful. Maybe more. I feel better about myself.
    Reverb customer support that would be epic. Having a customer support rep say “would you say that you have psychological problems?”

User Info Menu

Very interesting but tragic how AI has now been applied to shield businesses from actually assisting customers.

If the Reverb bot had asked me the nature of the inquiry, I'd have simply written the word "Fraud". That might have escalated the issue to a more receptive bot or even a live person...or maybe not.

User Info Menu

Sad. Right before I retired IBM came in pitching miraculous AI software to eliminate the first layer of human contact in medical claims or triage of conditions.
    Way worse than an insurance/hospital drone whom at least is alive.

Simple solution to it all, since it’s a cost based trend. I need a partner with $. We buy up dirt cheap properties in US rust-belt cities. Make them into bare bones call centers. Hire the locals, train them, and who knows, maybe turn around a whole bunch of people. And provide a cost effective solution to US companies.

(apologies to anyone out in the world who finds this excessively US jingoistic, but see, we do have a big inner city problem over here)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Sad. Right before I retired IBM came in pitching miraculous AI software to eliminate the first layer of human contact in medical claims or triage of conditions.
    Way worse than an insurance/hospital drone whom at least is alive.

Simple solution to it all, since it’s a cost based trend. I need a partner with $. We buy up dirt cheap properties in US rust-belt cities. Make them into bare bones call centers. Hire the locals, train them, and who knows, maybe turn around a whole bunch of people. And provide a cost effective solution to US companies.

(apologies to anyone out in the world who finds this excessively US jingoistic, but see, we do have a big inner city problem over here)
    I get where you’re coming from but the cost would never match a bot based solution. It would need to be a key differentiator that adds value for it to be worth it.

While we make fun of it and we may find it frustrating, the amount of silly requests that are in FAQs and other documentation that these bots solve is significant.

IMHO I don’t think the problem here was the reverb bot. At all. The problem was the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by blille
    I get where you’re coming from but the cost would never match a bot based solution. It would need to be a key differentiator that adds value for it to be worth it.

While we make fun of it and we may find it frustrating, the amount of silly requests that are in FAQs and other documentation that these bots solve is significant.

IMHO I don’t think the problem here was the reverb bot. At all. The problem was the rep.
    they actually improved the bot to the point where it allowed me to get through. The prior 2 times I tried to report this it would not let me get through to a human

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    they actually improved the bot to the point where it allowed me to get through. The prior 2 times I tried to report this it would not let me get through to a human
    They added the following to the bot code:
    if(customer==“jzucker”) then atLeastTry

User Info Menu

Its expensive to offer excellent customer support. 1% of the customer base consumes most of the support resources and the remaining 99% customers are not prepared to pay for it

An add on insurance offer from a 3rd party offering to cover expenses for sour online purchases could be a solution, but I havent seen it yet in bigger scale. The big retailers has done it for years

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    I actually like this better than the though of getting support from someone with a different funny english (or french) accent in North-Africa, Bangladesh or who knows where. Though to EU standards the exploitation of the support workers might seem pretty comparable...

(But maybe you would provide a "Tip" button? )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Different funny English accents are to be found all over America just as they are in Africa or England.
    I know, that's why I used that term rather than something that some might have considered racist

and big surprise...The bass that is listed (that I bought in september 2021) is still active on reverb. Clearly they don't care...

User Info Menu

6 days later the listing is still there...This happened to me once before. I bought a 175 from Dave's guitars and it had a 3" crack in it that was not disclosed. I returned it and before they even got it back, they re-listed it (still without disclosing the crack). I complained to reverb and they did nothing.

User Info Menu

Following it up with consumer protection could be an option -- if you can be bothered with it I guess.

User Info Menu

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Quote Originally Posted by wildschwein
    Following it up with consumer protection could be an option -- if you can be bothered with it I guess.
    not sure what you mean?

and the listing is still there. I'm not going to do any further business with reverb. They have proven they don't give a !@#$ about customers.