The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 99

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    sorry nshsi, ketchup on mine too and fried onions. Tony Lukes is overrated anyway as are most of the big name joints
    some places are so bad you could use their sandwich as a wedge
    but no wiz!
    I am Philadelphia born and bred as are my parents. My parents like(d) Ketchup on their Steak sandwiches (without cheese), I like cheese (White American or Provolone please) and no Ketchup. I do like Ketchup on my fries and burgers. Onions and cherry peppers are a necessity for me on a cheesesteak. Wiz is plain gross. As is Ketchup on a hot dog (I like mustard and relish on those).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I am Philadelphia born and bred as are my parents. My parents like(d) Ketchup on their Steak sandwiches (without cheese), I like cheese (White American or Provolone please) and no Ketchup. I do like Ketchup on my fries and burgers. Onions and cherry peppers are a necessity for me on a cheesesteak. Wiz is plain gross. As is Ketchup on a hot dog (I like mustard and relish on those).
    I can do ketchup on a hot dog but has to have mustard and onions. I'd rather eat one plain than w/ just ketchup. relish is cool too. I don't always put cherry peppers on a cheesesteak but if they're present they're going on.
    there's a joint called D'inics just over the Walt Whitman in Jersey that makes great sandwiches and has a free pepper bar.

Di'nics Roast Pork & Beef – Phone: 856-931-6328 (dinicsnj.com)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    IIRC isn’t AC a suburb of Philly, I mean the Gambinos and all?
    Umm - ya got it backwards! Philly's a suburb of AC....and not one of the better ones! Having grown up on the best subs in America, I was horrified to discover what passed for sandwiches when I first moved to Philly in '68. But Philly was a step up from what I found when I went to Boston in '64 for college. They actually chopped up the lettuce, peppers, tomatoes etc on their "hoagies" and used softie rolls with no taste at all. So we went to Elsie's in Cambridge for roast beef sandwiches a few nights a week, and to Adamo's in Nashua, NH for great pizza at least once a week. Unlike AC and Philly, there were few safe places to go for food after gigs - the default was the 24 / 7 HoJo on Route 128 at the Mass PIke ramp.

Crime and corruption were invented in AC. When I was a kid, I couldn't understand why my parents didn't want me playing with some of my friends from school - they lived in nice houses, and to me they were no different from us. It wasn't until much later that I Iearned who their families were. Boardwalk Empire didn't even mention the real villains - they elevated the underlings to star status because they were obviously told to leave the real bosses out of it. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I've never used a capo

User Info Menu

I used one of these (foldable laptop stand) on both an AER 60 and Schertler Jam 100.

MOFT Invisible Slim Laptop Stand, Adhesive and Reusable, Adjustable Perfect Viewing Angles, Compatible with Laptops Up to 15.6" (Jean Grey) Sorry! Something went wrong!

User Info Menu

I think some people checking in will have no idea what some of us are talking about

User Info Menu

I think some people checking in will have no idea what some of us are talking about
    That's great - it stirs the imagination and fosters creativity! Their improvisations will be deeper and more meaningful, thanks to us.

User Info Menu

I use a plant stand.

The Henriksen Wedge-20220531_202038-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    That's great - it stirs the imagination and fosters creativity! Their improvisations will be deeper and more meaningful, thanks to us.
    More like stirs their finger towards Google

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chasranney
    I use a plant stand.

The Henriksen Wedge-20220531_202038-jpg
    Do you use it on gigs?

User Info Menu

Do you use it on gigs?
    I have no gigs on which to use it. I do think it would look nice on an uncrowded stage though.

User Info Menu

I can do ketchup on a hot dog but has to have mustard and onions. I'd rather eat one plain than w/ just ketchup. relish is cool too. I don't always put cherry peppers on a cheesesteak but if they're present they're going on.
    there's a joint called D'inics just over the Walt Whitman in Jersey that makes great sandwiches and has a free pepper bar.

Di'nics Roast Pork & Beef – Phone: 856-931-6328 (dinicsnj.com)
    That place in Jersey sounds (and looks) great. When I was a kid, every summer my dad would take us down the shore to AC/Ventnor on either the Black Horse Pike or the White Horse Pike (The AC Expressway had not yet been built) and AC was still a family friendly place (much like Ocean City still is today).

This thread is bringing back some good memories (of some good food).

User Info Menu

Don't forget Zaberers, hah.

User Info Menu

"every summer my dad would take us down the shore"

Spoken like a true native Philadelphian/S. Jersey resident. Almost everywhere in the country it's "to the beach" but if you're from here it's "down the shore" referring to the S. Jersey coastline. Even in neighboring N Jersey and Delaware it's called the beach.
    Been awhile but you haven't forgotten your roots SS.

User Info Menu

"every summer my dad would take us down the shore"

Spoken like a true native Philadelphian/S. Jersey resident. Almost everywhere in the country it's "to the beach" but if you're from here it's "down the shore" referring to the S. Jersey coastline. Even in neighboring N Jersey and Delaware it's called the beach.
    Been awhile but you haven't forgotten your roots SS.

You can take the boy out of Philadelphia, but you can't take Philadelphia out of the boy.

User Info Menu

They'll just have to "catch-up."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    They'll just have to "catch-up."
    But many can’t cut the mustard.

User Info Menu

They are here all week folks....

User Info Menu

Mrs jk has always said when asked where she’s from:
    ”I’m a recovering Philadelphian”
    Any of you Jersey folk do Rutgers?
    Anthony Bourdin (RIP) had a couple of shows on LBI, he said Kubel’s hot dogs were world class. I dunno about that. But best burgers was Stewart’s Root Beer in Tuckerton. That I agree!

Returning to topic, I want to know how chasranny mounted that flower/speaker stand on the wall. That’s too cool)

User Info Menu

Don't know what You're talking but the thread began with the methods of tilting amp on a gig.

I just found how to do it with minimal carriage. The Hercules foldable guitar stand (HERCULES EZPack Guitar Stand GS200B).

Before the band starts to play I'll keep my guitar on it. And when we start to play and I take the guitar on me, I'll just take the amp and put it on the stand! It tilts my amp just enough to hear the presence of the sound.

I have not tried this in live situation, but I'll look forward to it.

The Henriksen Wedge-img_6033-jpg

The Henriksen Wedge-img_6034-jpg

The Henriksen Wedge-img_6035-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    But many can’t cut the mustard.
    But they might relish the thought. While they scratch their buns.

User Info Menu

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Henriksen Wedge. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Don't know what You're talking but the thread began with the methods of tilting amp on a gig.
    And it morphed through my feeling like an idiot for paying $30 for something it turns out I could have gotten for $12. I can't believe I actually suggested it to others - I'm a numpty! The humor is simply to make me feel better, and I appreciate the indulgence!

The Henriksen Wedge-thank-you-dancing-frogs-gif

User Info Menu

Don't fret about it. No one can know everything.

User Info Menu

Got the wedge from Sweetwater. $13.06 with tax and shipping. Looks like it will work great with my Blu 6 and it folds flat, weighs less than a pound and will fit in my gig bag. It goes on it's first gig on Saturday.

The Henriksen Wedge-amp-tilt-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Got the wedge from Sweetwater. $13.06 with tax and shipping. Looks like it will work great with my Blu 6 and it folds flat, weighs less than a pound and will fit in my gig bag. It goes on it's first gig on Saturday.
    That’s the ticket! I can’t believe I didn’t look further before buying it from Henriksen. Business is business, and they have a right to charge whatever they want. I’d say I was ripped off, but it’s my own fault for not checking into alternatives before paying $30 for it. The $18 I wasted would have bought a decent bottle of wine, 5/6 of a set of TI flats, or a fish ‘n chips lunch for my wife & me with a small beer for each of us.

Caveat emptor!