The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Does anyone recognise this guitar model?

Didn't find similar when I looked around the web...

Framus?-1238185-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Framus used this general design on various models from the late 1950s into the mid-1960s. The paddle headstock and truss rod cover suggest it is a later version. The rosewood fretboard with four dot inlays narrows it down to the Atlantis or Zenith models, both functional, cheap, laminated guitars. The pickguard (if original) and lack of a Framus decal (if the top was not refinished) suggest that it's a Zenith. These were send to to Boosey & Hawkes in London for distribution. The pickup is obviously a later addition.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 05-25-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Framus used this general design on various models from the late 1950s into the mid-1960s. The paddle headstock and truss rod cover suggest it is a later version. The rosewood fretboard with four dot inlays narrows it down to the Atlantis or Zenith models, both funtional, cheap, laminated guitars. The pickguard (if original) and lack of a Framus decal (if the top was not refinished) suggest that it's a Zenith. These were send to to Boosey & Hawkes in London for distribution. The pickup is obviously a later addition.
    Thanks Hammertone!

Do you have any idea/suggestion for a retail price of the guitar, since although it´s pretty nice I don´t really have use for it...
    And the pickup is a Lollar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Musak
    Thanks Hammertone!

Do you have any idea/suggestion for a retail price of the guitar, since although it´s pretty nice I don´t really have use for it...
    And the pickup is a Lollar.
    Unless it was the very one used by P. McCartney in the 60s it's worth about this much: $ Framus Zenith archtop guitar 1950s made in Germany vintage | Reverb

actually this one Framus Zenith no. 17 / Atlantis 5/52 – 1950s german vintage | Reverb

Ray

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RayS
    Unless it was the very one used by P. McCartney in the 60s it's worth about this much: $ Framus Zenith archtop guitar 1950s made in Germany vintage | Reverb
    actually this one Framus Zenith no. 17 / Atlantis 5/52 – 1950s german vintage | Reverb
    Ray
    More like the second one, as the lack of a cutaway generally lowers the resale value of inexpensive archtops.

User Info Menu

Without a super clear shot of the headstock, that I can see anyway or the reverse it's really hard to tell but it looks like a Framus Prãsedent" which I also own take a flashlight and stick it in one of those assholes when you do that look in the opposite F hole for a sticker or a stamp of some sort when you've done that reverse the process put the flashlight in the other F hole and look into the F hole where the flashlight is not chatting. Chances are you'll find some sort of label if that's not the case then if the neck of the guitar bolts on many times if you unbolt the neck there will be information inside there or stand down to the back of the headstock I guess just a little bit more information is needed. I tried to upload a photograph of mine I'm not sure if it made it mine also came with the pickguard which I have removed to replace but it is a fine jazz guitar those furnaces were built very well in fact three or four Beatles could have been seen playing them at one time or another in their careers.