The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I wanted to share some pics of my new Archtop from caro y Topete, directly from Mexico to Spain, still hasn't arrived so I can only imagine or have a very narrow idea of how it sounds like. There is a video on Youtube but it doesn't do it justice imo. There was a post of this same guitar model a few years back by a guy who requested a very different setup and there isn't a lot of info online apart from their website so I wanted to share a light on them.

Here it is:

Caro y Topete Archtop-20220518_161702-jpg

Caro y Topete Archtop-20220518_161505-jpg

Caro y Topete Archtop-20220518_161626-jpg

Caro y Topete Archtop-20220518_161522-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very interesting guitar. I look forward to your NGD, and your first impressions!

User Info Menu

On such a modern design (that I really like) I would hope for compensated saddle and nut.

User Info Menu

Very cool. How about a picture of the whole thing.

User Info Menu

Very nice, look forward to a sound review. Is there a way to adjust string height built in?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohanAbrandt
    Very nice, look forward to a sound review. Is there a way to adjust string height built in?
    I would imagine you'd have to use some combination of sanding and shims.

Quote Originally Posted by JohanAbrandt
    From the pictures I don't think there's a way to do it, I hope there's a way that doesn't involve sanding the bridge or changing it completely.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Urq
    From the pictures I don't think there's a way to do it, I hope there's a way that doesn't involve sanding the bridge or changing it completely.
    Looks like you can sand or shim the bridge saddle, so probably no need to touch the actual bridge. Nice guitar