The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi !

My brother gave me a Carlsbro Cobra K115, there are not a lot of information about this amp.
    The only thing I know is that it was made in 1987.
    The guy who gave this amp to my brother said it had been used one or two times, no more.
    It's heavy and it sounds good.
    It's got three inputs so I can play clean and with distortion at the same time.
    It gaves a very hot sound.
    There is also a limiter, I think it's useful.
    No aggressive sound, very clean, for me it sounds a little bit like a Polytone.
    Maybe I am wrong.

Maybe I will make a video to show how it sounds.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is the amp !

User Info Menu

Nice sounding amp! If I might make a suggestion? You might try angling the amp a bit more towards the farthest corner of the room - not exactly towards the corner but corner-sh. This helps to cut down on standing waves and evens out the sound a tad. Remember, "the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection" applies to audio waves as well as light waves. Increasing the distance from source back to itself reduces phase cancellation. Merely a suggestion.

User Info Menu

Cool! A dear old friend of mine had a Carlsboro guitar amp. He was a Black Sabbath fan, and made use of it's 'suzz' mode, which was a combination of fuzz and sustain. I remember him gleefully saying 'you can't even tell when you play the wrong chord!'

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Nice sounding amp! If I might make a suggestion? You might try angling the amp a bit more towards the farthest corner of the room - not exactly towards the corner but corner-sh. This helps to cut down on standing waves and evens out the sound a tad. Remember, "the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection" applies to audio waves as well as light waves. Increasing the distance from source back to itself reduces phase cancellation. Merely a suggestion.
    Well, one day I played with another amp, the high speaker against a wall, everyone heard me play except myself (a bit exaggerated).
    I recorded the video with a Zoom Q2n and I don't think it's the right thing for that, the microphones are too directional and it's a bit compressed too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CliffR
    Cool! A dear old friend of mine had a Carlsboro guitar amp. He was a Black Sabbath fan, and made use of it's 'suzz' mode, which was a combination of fuzz and sustain. I remember him gleefully saying 'you can't even tell when you play the wrong chord!'
    Mine is a keyboard amplifier, it gaves a very neutral sound, maybe a kind of acoustic sound.
    I like it but I hate its weight, it's too much.
    I shouldn't complain, I wanted a keyboard amp, I've got one now.