The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I sold it and immediately regretted it. Recently, the purchaser offered to sell it back, which I happily accepted.

There is a guy in California who builds fantastic pick-guards at a ridiculously low price. I ordered one of his McCarty style P-90 pick- guards. I also installed a frequensator style tailpiece for cosmetic reasons. Plays and sounds fantastic.

The picture is in my avatar.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I saw it was supposed to be a bounded pickguard, We would like to see the full size pictures of your guitar......

Quote Originally Posted by hotpepper01
    I saw it was supposed to be a bounded pickguard, We would like to see the full size pictures of your guitar......
    I will take some pictures of the entire guitar and post them when I can.

Got My Masterbilt Century Deluxe Back-2169a78c-e5ac-44a4-bd41-460d64d48365-jpgGot My Masterbilt Century Deluxe Back-d2e50c08-87d2-4888-a58e-c8a22d301b67-jpgGot My Masterbilt Century Deluxe Back-156141cd-914b-4446-92b3-be412c5e826b-jpgGot My Masterbilt Century Deluxe Back-2169a78c-e5ac-44a4-bd41-460d64d48365-jpgGot My Masterbilt Century Deluxe Back-d2e50c08-87d2-4888-a58e-c8a22d301b67-jpgGot My Masterbilt Century Deluxe Back-156141cd-914b-4446-92b3-be412c5e826b-jpg

User Info Menu

Thank you for the pictures. It certainly is a refreshing take. I admire you for your I go as I want it approach. I often saw similarity with the old style Epi Triumphs. You took your own way with the tortoise McCarthy PG. Quite different and probably not what I would have chosen if it were mine. But daring and well done you!!
    Did you went for another output jack or used the present piezo one?
    I love the switch to the frequensator tailpiece and the high flamed back is simply stunning

Quote Originally Posted by hotpepper01
    Thank you for the pictures. It certainly is a refreshing take. I admire you for your I go as I want it approach. I often saw similarity with the old style Epi Triumphs. You took your own way with the tortoise McCarthy PG. Quite different and probably not what I would have chosen if it were mine. But daring and well done you!!
    Did you went for another output jack or used the present piezo one?
    I love the switch to the frequensator tailpiece and the high flamed back is simply stunning
    I am experimenting with blending both pickups. The P-90 is gorgeous on its own. The piezo seems to add a nice woody dimension to the tone.

The flamed back and sides are even more striking than the photos.