The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54
    Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    How do I tell the difference between version 1 and version 2?
    Can version 1 cut through a big band on a solo?
    Look at the power rating on the amp and V1 no.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It's in! I picked it up today. My Koch SE 6. First there was a little dissapointment: the previous user, used a el84 and wanted to switch to a 6V6, but that tube was missing a pin. I hope it's not in the amp, but as far as i can see it's not. So i use the el84 for now. Still curious about the diffence in sound.
    It's a lovely small amp, especially considering the 12" speaker that is in it. It is one channel with a volume, tone and master volume. It has a low power (2 watt) and a normal power (6 watt). I use the 2 watt position. It sounds really nice. The tone knob works very well. It also has a few switches for cutting low or push mids and it has a boost (pretty subtle unlike most amps).

Again: it sounds very good. I tried to vary the volume on full with the master low and vice versa. The caracter of the amps changes quite a bit. The master on full sounds very clear and bright. With the volume on full and the master low it sounds darker, more mid heavy. Both are nice.
    Koch Classictone SE 6 combo - Koch Amps
    Last edited by Marcel_A; 06-06-2022 at 02:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddleprof
    Good point. The 6-inch one is practically a pocket amp! Same for me; I have a Comins Jazz Amp (Alessandro). I wanted to get a portable solid-state jazz and acoustic amp to update my Polytone. It seems like the Henricksen will be a little more versatile. Looking at the current Raezer's Edge amps too, that some on here have liked.

Vinnyv!k persuaded me to try the Henriksen Blu10 , It is ,I suggest, the best VFM and quality for it's size ,portability and tone, having six other amps
    it quickly became the number one choice. Sceptical that its tone might not equal my Mambo ( 12"spkr) combo I did a side by side test, using a Campellone.
    Once the Blu10 speaker had broken in, the tone equalled the Mambo.
    The Raezers Edge Cabinet is excellent, but not easily portable, sounding very good with a Clarus Acoustic Image, or Mesa Boogie MkV 35watt head.
    all rather OTT as I can no longer play gigs but good fun nevertheless LOL

User Info Menu

That Blu had flown under my radar. Big sound in a small package, attractive design: I like it!