The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 32

User Info Menu

Coming along quite nicely

Super 400 headstock repair by Campellone-d680a7fc-197d-41f7-8434-215b0660b3f8-jpegSuper 400 headstock repair by Campellone-fac6be2b-ecf9-44ee-97bf-9961e065fe6d-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I love seeing something destroyed or very old brought back to its original full glory.
    Like Hammer's guitar also.

User Info Menu

Wow. Mark is a miracle worker. Resurrecting something like this is unbelievable.

Thank's for sharing!

User Info Menu

Super-long stinger is super-sexy.

User Info Menu

MC can spray a very nice Gibson style sunburst. A bit hard to tell from the photos as to color match but looks great from what I can see.

User Info Menu

Super Glue is great!

User Info Menu

May this day not befall anybody who owns a Gibson guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    May this day not befall anybody who owns a guitar.
    or other string instrument

T,FTFY!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    MC can spray a very nice Gibson style sunburst. A bit hard to tell from the photos as to color match but looks great from what I can see.
    WOW! That neck spray is PERFECT!

Perfect color match. Sweet headstock repair indeed….

Super 400 headstock repair by Campellone-d4c7d1ac-3f52-4aca-8b61-41353a20ed96-jpeg
    Last edited by vinnyv1k; 05-14-2022 at 10:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Wow, Vinny, that's nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Wow, Vinny, that's nice work.
    Mark has major talent for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Mark has major talent for sure.
    That is just killer! That may be the perfect finish for my upcoming build. I have been going back and forth, trying to decide between Dark Cherry Burst and Chestnut Burst. Mark tells me that this is his Vintage Burst, and I’m pleasantly surprised to see the right amount (IMO) of red in the finish. Not too much, but just enough. This may be it!

User Info Menu

Pretty nice! Vinny, I know that your heart is full of lust about this guitar! But you're not the only one whose heart beats faster and breathe quickens!
    That's is beautiful.

Restoration completed

Super 400 headstock repair by Campellone-d5f1a521-cf62-49a2-a1ce-680977b50cc2-jpegSuper 400 headstock repair by Campellone-7f83a500-a784-4bd1-aeed-0aca2ffdf211-jpegSuper 400 headstock repair by Campellone-fe26853c-f8b7-4308-aadd-70dbd84fd58b-jpegSuper 400 headstock repair by Campellone-03e5c2d6-a479-48a9-b779-aea133e4a4ab-jpeg

User Info Menu

Stunning! And probably better than new.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    Stunning! And probably better than new.
    Very nice job but better how?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Very nice job but better how?
    I’m not a luthier, but I have heard that repaired breaks can be stronger than the original wood.

User Info Menu

I’m not a luthier, but I have heard that repaired breaks can be stronger than the original wood.
    Hopefully it won't get tested again

User Info Menu

Depends on how it's done. A lot of fibres need to align perfectly, and we hope it was done quickly enough that the wood didn't form a layer of oxidation. If it's a perfect wood to wood join, then yes, the glue is actually stronger than the wood, but if the join has anything that prevents that perfect join (macro and micro bits of wood, oxidized wood, oil, glue that's past its prime, uneven pressure on the clamping jig, bad jig, inadequite uniformity of clamping, finger oil, dust, the usual suspects), then the glue to wood join isn't perfect. And in that location, the closer to perfect, the better.

User Info Menu

"Restoration completed " eh?
    My Spidey-sense is tingling.
    Somebody about to make a BTNGD (Better Than New Guitar Day) announcement?

User Info Menu

That looks great! But I'm late to this party. Anybody got a link to a "before" picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    "Restoration completed " eh?
    My Spidey-sense is tingling.
    Somebody about to make a BTNGD (Better Than New Guitar Day) announcement?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    That looks great! But I'm late to this party. Anybody got a link to a "before" picture?
    It was originally repaired with cheap dime store epoxy and 3 wood screws.
    I don’t have the original pics. Maybe Mr. Campellone can repost them but it was a pretty ugly sight to see on a S400.

User Info Menu

Here's the break :

Ray