The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 74 of 74

User Info Menu

I've ALWAYS preferred thighs to breasts. Maybe on women too.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I'd like to have some of that chicken cacciatore!!
    You may not speak for all of us, but you have nailed my thoughts with uncanny precision! Thanks, Jabbs!

From Holst archtops to chicken cacciatore.

Holst would be disturbed, unless he liked the cacciatore.....

User Info Menu

When Holst was doing my build I sent him a couple of Lou Malnattis pizza six packs

The man loves a great pizza

BigMike

I'd send him a couple of Pepe's pizza's from New Haven but it just wouldn't be the same ........

Holst guitars-2kwik0kri_ch6egm8gyfdihu8l0yw8gbjrfm4-tezj8-jpgHolst guitars-hot-tomatoey-cheesy-chewy-jpg

User Info Menu

New Haven has the best pizza on the planet (and it's not because I grew up CT)!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzimprov
    I'd send him a couple of Pepe's pizza's from New Haven but it just wouldn't be the same ........

Holst guitars-2kwik0kri_ch6egm8gyfdihu8l0yw8gbjrfm4-tezj8-jpgHolst guitars-hot-tomatoey-cheesy-chewy-jpg

Yep!

User Info Menu

Well one of the Best! But there are some other worthy contenders for sure! New York,,New Jersey, Chicago, and not to mention Italy!

User Info Menu

There's a pizza place in Buffalo called "Bocce Club." They've been the go-to since 1946. Always fantastic.

Bocce Club Pizza | Buffalo, Clarence & East Amherst, NY | Pizza Shop

Looks fantastic!

I think the thing that makes Pepe's unique is the huge coal fueled oven with temps around 850 °

Ahhh Pizza!

User Info Menu

here’s some newer pics of my Holst
    Holst guitars-4e87dc49-5b5a-42fb-bd3b-99c99b625241-jpegHolst guitars-ef9b0e21-fb56-4eb5-8b7e-7780f7f0aa7b-jpegHolst guitars-973b43ba-638b-49ce-82b7-cb045d37fb9a-jpegHolst guitars-3811d317-73df-4f2a-ac5e-7c8d1d2bb03e-jpeg

User Info Menu

Nice, Big Mike!!
    What is the pickup-- mini-humbucker Bartolini or something?

User Info Menu

You nailed it buddy it’s a Bartolini 5J I love those suckers its neck mounted
    Reslly fat clear tone

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Nice, Big Mike!!
    What is the pickup-- mini-humbucker Bartolini or something?

Beautiful gitter!

Is that a 17" with 3" bout?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzimprov
    Beautiful gitter!

Is that a 17" with 3" bout?
    I’ve wondered that too, although the upper section looks like a 16.”

User Info Menu

It’s a 17” x 3” depth and I had him replicate an IBanez GB-10 neck and he nailed it. 25 1/2 scale

The tailpiece, pick guard, front and back headstock overlays and fingerboard are all Macassar Ebony
    The tail piece is a bent metal frame that the Ebony piece is screwed onto

The pick guard is bound eith tortoiseshell plastic for accent it’s lovely

It’s got a trust rod and carbon fiber rods going the length of the neck for extra stability but it is not neck heavy

The guy is a perfectionist and there is no use in bothering him when it’s ready it’s fucking ready

lol

BigMike

User Info Menu

Absolutely beautiful guitar BM!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    here’s some newer pics of my Holst
    Holst guitars-ef9b0e21-fb56-4eb5-8b7e-7780f7f0aa7b-jpeg
    That's just crazy beautiful. I always liked a wider flame rather than the fine narrow tiger striping.

User Info Menu

The Holst archtops shown here are beautiful.

Is the sound of these on par with the looks? When considering ordering one how do you mitigate the risk you might get a dud? Is anyone aware of a less than stellar sounding Holst? How is he able to build them at a lower cost than the other builders but at the same level of quality they deliver?

I am considering ordering one but wonder how much risk I am taking on.

Do some investigating.

Great guitar, great workmanship, great price.

Look at this site for a ton of info.
    All good comments from what I have seen.
    Look at his Facebook page.
    Go to YouTube.

Etc......etc.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I’m curious, how many here actually own Holst guitars? It would be nice if some owners would weigh in.
    I'm a "partial owner" of a Holst guitar. By that, I mean Steven is building me one as I write this. We started the build last year in March, so this isn't an overnight rush job! His last message to me indicated that he's "Looking forward to shipping this guy out to you." Here's a recent photo of the build in progress.

Holst guitars-f1-jpg

User Info Menu

Didn't want to start a new thread -- just adding a recent build pic from Steve's FB page:

Holst guitars-holst-stealth-jpg

In general I'm not a fan of "black" guitars, but this thing is freakin' gorgeous!

User Info Menu

I have to say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not something that does a thing for me. But Steve make very nice guitars.

Not a fan of black or very dark guitars, but this is one of the nicer finishes