The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Some of you have to have experience with this. Any thoughts?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I owned one back in the day. It and the Echo Park. Both were fantastic pedals for their time, and I bet they would still "hold up" now, even against many current ones. I got rid of both, lost to the quest of never-ending pedal trying... but I can highly recommend it, they are solid.

BTW- the Behringer Reverb Machine RV600 is a clone of the Verbzilla. I owned them both simultaneously. The buffer on the Behringer isn't as good, and the knobs don't have detents on each of the reverb models like the Line 6 does, but I can vouch that the sound quality of the reverbs themselves is on par with Line 6 (makes sense, being a clone).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I owned one back in the day. It and the Echo Park. Both were fantastic pedals for their time, and I bet they would still "hold up" now, even against many current ones. I got rid of both, lost to the quest of never-ending pedal trying... but I can highly recommend it, they are solid.

BTW- the Behringer Reverb Machine RV600 is a clone of the Verbzilla. I owned them both simultaneously. The buffer on the Behringer isn't as good, and the knobs don't have detents on each of the reverb models like the Line 6 does, but I can vouch that the sound quality of the reverbs themselves is on par with Line 6 (makes sense, being a clone).
    Thanks. I knew someone here was bound to have first hand experience

User Info Menu

I owned a Verbzilla for about a year. It was one heavy pedal!! Mine stopped working after a few years, so I replaced it with an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb pedal. There's a reason its named 'Holy Grail'. The reverb is one of the closest to my old Deluxe Reverb amp's spring reverb I've found. And the thing is tiny, taking up very little real estate on my pedal board.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    I owned a Verbzilla for about a year. It was one heavy pedal!! Mine stopped working after a few years, so I replaced it with an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb pedal. There's a reason its named 'Holy Grail'. The reverb is one of the closest to my old Deluxe Reverb amp's spring reverb I've found. And the thing is tiny, taking up very little real estate on my pedal board.
    I had a Holy Grail, then "upgraded" to a Cathedral... but then I got amps with onboard reverb, so I didn't need reverb pedals. But then, things changing as they do, I have one amp that has reverb onboard but I don't like it (it's not spring, it's some kind of digital reverb on a tube amp)... anyway, for that amp I got a Holy Grail MAX, which has spring, hall, plate, and reverse reverb. Very happy with it.

User Info Menu

I've been curious about this Verbazilla myself. Your post pushed me into action Jim. Found one nearby and got it.

It's really only the spring settings that interest me. The Verbazilla has two. "Spring" and "63 Spring". The latter choice being preferable to me. I am surprised at how good this spring reverb sounds. I've tried so many reverb pedals, owned several outboard reverbs too. For years the Catalinbread Topanga pedal has been my favorite, good enough that I stopped using outboards. Few others made much of an impression.

I had the Verbazilla right next the the Topanga, went back and forth. Both set to modest reverb, not all out surf. The Topanga is a little darker, has a certain force and presence in the reverb I've always liked. The Verbazilla spring is a little clearer, but just as tasty. It's a keeper for me. I've long been looking for an alternate spring reverb pedal. Very happy to have found this one.