The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

What I do is tune at the 5th fret. Just because it's convenient, and in the general vicinity of where I play most often. That helps to alleviate the intonation issues with any strings.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Interesting to hear about these issues. I use the 14's on my Ibanez hollowbody. I know the gauge might scare people off, but I'm glad I committed to them. I tried the white tape 12's on someone's L5 and it felt like spaghetti...!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr quick
    I tried the white tape 12's on someone's L5 and it felt like spaghetti...!
    Ahh those strings are not "Al Dente" .... La Bella, spaghetti etc....
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RayS
    Ahh those strings are not "Al Dente" .... La Bella, spaghetti etc....
    Ray
    With the white tape wound they're more like linguini.

But then there's this linguine thanks to squid ink:

User Info Menu

'causetheceilingfellinandthebottomfelloutiwentinto aspinandistartedtoshout,this it this is it this it.I was walking along........haha.So i have LaBella Black tapes 12s on my Eastman 403 for several months was having issues with my finger joints.And they made it easier on my hands.they also made me practice and concentrate on technique to avoid the bass line from flubbing.Tuning them down a half step rather than changing key for my vocal range make it more challenging.But on to intonation, i googled adjusting the bridge and with patience and courage i have to say intonation all the way up is really close on a few bottom strings only.tuner flickers on/ off by one bar on the tuner.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    With the white tape wound they're more like linguini.

But then there's this linguine thanks to squid ink:

More seriously, is there a difference between the black and white tapes besides their colour?

User Info Menu

Suppose to be a little brighter.

User Info Menu

This thread and the constant discussion of strings on this forum - which I must say, I do enjoy. As many of you know, I work in retail and have for years, and this place is pretty much a craftsman's refuge in a hobby, art, and industry ripe with exhausting mythology - made me dig out my Ibanez AF 75 that's with the La Bella tapewound 14's. These really are astounding jazz strings, and great for solo guitar. Finger noise is just about non-existent on the wound strings. Play like absolute butter, and I love a fat string gauge because it's much easier to play fast lines.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    'causetheceilingfellinandthebottomfelloutiwentinto aspinandistartedtoshout,this it this is it this it.I was walking along........haha.