The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi all, I just have a quick question. I've been in contact with Nico and Lara Moffa for a while regarding a build, but the last contact I had with them was late 2021. I sent a few emails over the last couple months and haven't heard back, but they've always been responsive and warm previously. Are they doing alright?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have a Lorraine on order which I ordered back in April of 2020. The ETA keeps getting pushed back (currently June of this year) and the communication is very sparse with replies usually coming a couple of weeks late - if at all. I guess they're busy and that's just their style of communication.

Ah, so we're in the same situation. Nico mentioned how busy he's gotten since the pandemic. I'm not sure if he has any kind of assistant or if it's just him and Lara, but I had always received replies previously, even delayed. The length of time that's passed has me a little concerned, but I didn't want to pester them or fill their inbox. I'll give it some time and reach out again.

User Info Menu

They are active on Facebook.

User Info Menu

I have a Loraine on the way, shipping monday. I haven't had any problem reaching them and they responded pretty much in a couple days if that, in fact Lara texted me pics...I think he has been very backlogged..i think my build is going on two years now. I didn't bother him or rush him..i wasn't in a real hurry anyway but its finally done and it looks freaking amazing!!

Im not on Facehumper but i am on instagram and have talked to them through that

That's fantastic, congratulations! I'm not on Facebook much and didn't contact them through it, but Lara did get back to me via email. Yes, they've been absolutely swamped and had some other things going on, but it sounds like everything is better now. I'm not in a hurry either, but Nico had mentioned in December that he'd be in touch in January, so the delay had me concerned. Given the factors at play, I'm reassured

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    I have a Loraine on the way, shipping monday. I haven't had any problem reaching them and they responded pretty much in a couple days if that, in fact Lara texted me pics...I think he has been very backlogged..i think my build is going on two years now. I didn't bother him or rush him..i wasn't in a real hurry anyway but its finally done and it looks freaking amazing!!

Im not on Facehumper but i am on instagram and have talked to them through that
    FaceHumper! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! My kind of humour!!

PS I got all sorts of pron searching "Facehumper".

User Info Menu

Have you received your guitar yet? I still haven‘t received the Lorraine that I ordered in April of 2020. The delivery date gets pushed back every 2-3 months with very sparse communication if any which is starting to really bother me…

I have not. My last communication was via email with Lara back in April, and I didn’t get a concrete delivery date. My first deposit was in May of 2020 and initially Nico estimated completion in August of last year, so it looks like you and I are in exactly the same situation.

I’m not particularly upset about the delay considering the state of the last couple years, but like you I would appreciate more up-front communication. It’s time to reach out again in any case