The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    It would be nice to be 70 again. I'll hit my 75th in about a month. Getting old ain't for sissies.
    You're a child, my friend. My wife and I have been fortunate enough to make it to 50 years of marriage this year, and I robbed the cradle. To be honest, I've loved almost every minute of my life. I truly would not want to be 50 again in today's world. I'm also lucky enough to have made it to the latter half of my 8th decade with enough resources to be reasonably secure - my 2+ weekly gigs keep us in wine and sushi, and we're comfortably set in a reasonably nice apartment. I'm even fine with selling off all that stuff that I used to think I'd need forever (or at least the stuff our children don't want).

You're right - getting old ain't for sissies...but very few sissies survive to their late 70s with lives worth living. If you got that far, you're doing something right! Just know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. As long as I'm looking at the blades and not the roots, I'm a happy guy. When my time is clearly approaching the end, I won't fight it unless the odds favor success. And until then, I'll ride the groove as long and happily as I can. If I don't wake up tomorrow, I won't know it, so why worry about it?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The guitar is done and ships today. I've added photos of the actual guitar to the OP. I think it's incredibly cool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    The guitar is done and ships today. I've added photos of the actual guitar to the OP. I think it's incredibly cool.
    Looks really nice, look forward to a review

User Info Menu

Hey Jim .... well?? What's the verdict on the new geetar?! Let us know what you think!

Marc

User Info Menu

Love the minimalism.

One thing, which is simply based on my experience, YMMV, and so forth:
    Get rid of those utter POS Grover 12:1 tuners once you get the guitar, and replace them with either of these two reasonably-priced sets:
    -Grover 18:1 open-back tuners
    -Gotoh 15:1 open-back tuners

User Info Menu

After two solid days of war with Canada Post (following 16 days in the black hole that is Canadian Customs), the guitar finally arrived by a special delivery at about 6 PM yesterday (definitely an act of contrition by Canada Post). There's way more to say than I'm going to put in this early morning post but it really an fascinating guitar. Even though I had the specs, it's still much smaller than I was expecting but for such a little guitar, the acoustic tone is very strong. There are a couple of setup issues (both absolutely MY fault) but they shouldn't be all that hard to overcome. I'll try to get some recording and video done this weekend and I'll have more commentary then.

User Info Menu

will be interesting to hear it....

User Info Menu

Congratulations on the New Guitar Jim! I'm excited for you and wish you good playing and enjoyment with it. I'm also getting a new guitar for my 70ieth and it's something to get excited about. That's for sure! I listened to the soundtracks on Weir's website and read his story. The samples sound great. And I really love the simplicity of design and the size. Can't wait to hear you playing it.

Cheers, and HappyBirthday (Next Month)! Good time to start the celebration!

Steve