The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 94 of 94
    Quote Originally Posted by bendingtens
    Did you buy a new or vintage archtop from Guitar Center? In either case, a fret level is something that would be covered in a setup, which you'd have to pay for.
    This doesn't have anything to do with paying for the fret level or not. The point is that at least in my area, the guitar techs at guitar center aren't even qualified to assess an instrument's frets or fingerboard.

and by the way, guitar center would take care of a fret level on a new instrument...
    Last edited by jzucker; 02-02-2022 at 01:29 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bendingtens
    Did you buy a new or vintage archtop from Guitar Center? In either case, a fret level is something that would be covered in a setup, which you'd have to pay for.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't leave a squire at my local guitar center...

User Info Menu

Doesn't Steve Zook still sell archtops? He used to sell The Loars that he claimed he'd selected from the importer himself (no idea what he sells now). He was kind enough to give some remote assistance in selecting a used LH650. He seems to open not to be honest but I didn't buy anything from him - anyone who did?

User Info Menu

Can’t help but notice this all happened right after Rob M left the forum. I think I know who the seller is….

User Info Menu

I once had an experience whereby PayPal refused a return on a camera lens purchased on eBay. That's when I learned, screw the back and forth with PayPal. The next time I had an issue was on a guitar purchase whereby the seller misrepresented an item. So what did I do?

Rather than call PayPal I instead called Amex, which not only reimbursed me the same day, but it was Amex that then opened a chargeback with PayPal.

PayPal then sent me an email that if I ever had an issue I should open a dispute with them. To that I said, "screw that!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I once had an experience whereby PayPal refused a return on a camera lens purchased on eBay. That's when I learned, screw the back and forth with PayPal. The next time I had an issue was on a guitar purchase whereby the seller misrepresented an item. So what did I do?

Rather than call PayPal I instead called Amex, which not only reimbursed me the same day, but it was Amex that then opened a chargeback with PayPal.

PayPal then sent me an email that if I ever had an issue I should open a dispute with them. To that I said, "screw that!"
    In this regard AmEx is much to your advantage. Many banks that issue credit cards (MC/Visa) will tell you that you have to go through PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Can’t help but notice this all happened right after Rob M left the forum. I think I know who the seller is….
    Not sure who Rob M is but he wasn't the seller.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    Not sure who Rob M is but he wasn't the seller.
    Rob M is one of this forum's most esteemed members and is taking a break from the forum at present. Rob is a class act all the way and for someone to even consider Rob as the villain in this tale tells me that they don't know Rob (and that is being nice).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Rob M is one of this forum's most esteemed members and is taking a break from the forum at present. Rob is a class act all the way and for someone to even consider Rob as the villain in this tale tells me that they don't know Rob (and that is being nice).
    I'm sure AllanAllen was joking. The idea he presented was so absurd as to be humorous.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chasranney
    I'm sure AllanAllen was joking. The idea he presented was so absurd as to be humorous.
    Not funny. A lot of people on this forum are not regulars and do not know Rob and might have thought it a possibility that he was the seller. Nope, not funny at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    In this regard AmEx is much to your advantage. Many banks that issue credit cards (MC/Visa) will tell you that you have to go through PayPal.
    Don’t leave home without it!

User Info Menu

Rob M is one of this forum's most esteemed members and is taking a break from the forum at present.
    Different Rob; you're talking about Rob McK

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    Many banks that issue credit cards (MC/Visa) will tell you that you have to go through PayPal.
    I think they shouldn't. From their PoV, PP is just another client who used your CC, and if a client doesn't reimburse as they should, the bank should reverse the payment. Which might incur costs, btw.

User Info Menu

Not funny. A lot of people on this forum are not regulars and do not know Rob and might have thought it a possibility that he was the seller. Nope, not funny at all.

To any dimwits who might have taken me seriously, Rob is not the seller. It’s Stringswinger.

I’m kidding again.

User Info Menu

To any dimwits who might have taken me seriously, Rob is not the seller. It’s Stringswinger.

I’m kidding again.
    Don't give up your day job.

User Info Menu

My picture should be next to this Abraham Lincoln quote.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

User Info Menu

My picture should be next to this Abraham Lincoln quote. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
    That profound quote, one of my favorites, is more true than ever these days.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phil59
    That profound quote, one of my favorites, is more true than ever these days.
    What, you think people here actually use voice dictation to post? I know I don't