The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 50 of 50

User Info Menu

I can assure you that I am not your wife. I was just channeling mine.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Guitar, amp, shirt, hat – it is all coming together. I look forward to hearing you play.

User Info Menu

That's some snazzy kit you got there. Guitar and amp don't look half bad either.

User Info Menu

I have both a Strat and a Princeton in my stable and see them as necessary tools for certain jobs. Even if those jobs never again present themselves, my feeling is that it is good to be prepared.

User Info Menu

It is good to be prepared. One never knows...

User Info Menu

New toys for a super great guy. Sweet ! I love a NGD and NAD for a kind soul.
    Do enjoy Kris.

User Info Menu

And that stylish color of the Strat. A color that is not for the shrinking violet type, which we know you aren't! Congrats.

I can just imagine how that thick-sounding amp and your Bluesy voice will pair up.

Again, Congratulations!

User Info Menu

K doesn't get to see the backside of the amp, given his setup, but it's pretty as well. The ground switch is a standby, and IIRC the extra speaker out is a test point (I'll check).
    Attached Images Attached Images New Guitar and Amp Day-img_2569-reshoot-jpg 

User Info Menu

My warmest thanks to all who have responded to this thread. This has been fun! I should buy some more stuff!

User Info Menu

C74,
    Funny thing.. You are just as I imagined you. I big ol’ happy smiley faced, loveable teddy bear of a guy.
    I wish you nothing but the best, most happy times with your new stuff. I know that no one has to tell you this, Be happy! You deserve it buddy.
    Somewhere, Neatomic is smiling for you too.
    Love it man.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

So… those who didn’t know C74 is a Kris Kringle sorta fellow apparently never went and listened/saw his videos.
    Got ya! But, now you have to go do that….

Cause C74 has a hell of a voice for blues!
    jk a pathetic singer.
    No beard, neither.
    Nor Strat.
    Total loser)))

User Info Menu

Beautiful combo - enjoy it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    C74,
    Funny thing.. You are just as I imagined you. I big ol’ happy smiley faced, loveable teddy bear of a guy.
    I wish you nothing but the best, most happy times with your new stuff. I know that no one has to tell you this, Be happy! You deserve it buddy.
    Somewhere, Neatomic is smiling for you too.
    Love it man.
    Joe D
    Thank you, so much Joe. I appreciate your kind words. And I'm really digging the great arrangements on your YouTube Channel! Performances for the ages!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    So… those who didn’t know C74 is a Kris Kringle sorta fellow apparently never went and listened/saw his videos.
    Got ya! But, now you have to go do that….

Cause C74 has a hell of a voice for blues!
    jk a pathetic singer.
    No beard, neither.
    Nor Strat.
    Total loser)))
    Thanks for providing the link, jk! For those curious, this is a live-off-the-board recording of my band The Revalators, at a private July 4th party thrown by a couple of our biggest fans, who are also friends of our drummer, Joltin' Jimmy, who along with bassist/singer, Bass Master Bruce comprised our trio. The was beer and BBQ and a swimming pool; whole families just enjoying the music, the day, the food, and each other's company. We were on the back porch, next to the pool, so there was a floor and a roof. A real laid-back scene. Love was in the air (or was it the BBQ smoke?) any way, Fun was had. Three mics on the drums, one each on the amps, and two vocal mics covered it. Not exactly the "Rolling Truck Stones thing just outside" but you work within your budget. These guys were my best band, and I love them like brothers. Please, enjoy!
    Last edited by citizenk74; 01-20-2022 at 01:09 PM.

User Info Menu

Very nice!
    "May you play it in good health" as you say!

User Info Menu

A guitar AND an amp, awesome, good for you, enjoy. (I like the green strat thing.)

User Info Menu

A lot of love for one of our favorite forum members. Probably the nicest guy here.

User Info Menu

Nice to put a face to a name!

That Strat is super cool. I think Sherwood green is THE color for a strat. I dunno what it is about it.

User Info Menu

That's one happy lookin' dude! I'd be lyin' if I said I wasn't a bit jealous about that awesome green color AND that amp, which I was actually eyeballin' in the For Sale forum for a while.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    A guitar AND an amp, awesome, good for you, enjoy. (I like the green strat thing.)
    Me too! IRL it's got metallic hi-lights, and is lightly distressed. It caught my when Hammertone posted it, and I couldn't resist a discrete inquiry when we were discussing the amp. I'm awfully glad I did!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    A lot of love for one of our favorite forum members. Probably the nicest guy here.
    Thanks vinny! We were raised right. And a group of truly decent people* like JGO makes it easy!

* The rare exceptions need not be named. That would be rude. We can only hope for their redemption.

User Info Menu

Gear looks awesome.

May it endlessly inspire.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Nice to put a face to a name!

That Strat is super cool. I think Sherwood green is THE color for a strat. I dunno what it is about it.
    I know, right? I've had a couple Strats long ago; a sunburst CBS that my wife hated, so I gave it to her uncle, who had had his stolen, and never missed it. Then I had '62 Reissue that someone had converted to Van Halen specs and was all dug out under the pickguard. Then I got my first PRS CU24 and it became kind of redundant so I gave to my grandson.
    But this Green Enchantress really gets me! The metallic high-lights in the lightly distressed finish kind of make you do a double take, like when you realize somebody spiked the punch and you just decide to roll with it. The MusiKraft neck is, as Hammertone said, something very special. It's deep and wide and dense and perfect. Fits my hand like the proverbial glove and my playing sucks a little less every day. And that giant Weber speaker in The Amp (its semi-official name now) gives up some serious shimmer with the reverb and tremolo, which I've never really explored before.
    I have been seduced by this guitar, and am having a ball with it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    That's one happy lookin' dude! I'd be lyin' if I said I wasn't a bit jealous about that awesome green color AND that amp, which I was actually eyeballin' in the For Sale forum for a while.
    I think I know what you mean. I spend a lot of time window shopping on this forum and other places. It's not like I don't already have enough guitars and amps; but I gotta say, this combo made me really glad to fall off that particular wagon. My hat's off to our friend Hammertone, who made this whole deal not only possible, but a pure pleasure!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar
    Gear looks awesome.

May it endlessly inspire.
    It's working pretty good so far! I hope all our JGO members will find combinations this perfect!