The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

is a... *drum roll*... Douglas wno 630 left handed.

Why, you might wonder?

Well, the original plan was to go to The Fellowship of the Accoustics and try out an Eastman. (this one: Eastman AR372CE Classic Lefty - The Fellowship of Acoustics).
    But, seeing that it's a 500km trip (there and back) just to find out if a guitar you're looking at is right for you, and the fact that the Netherlands is/was closed for business made take a look at the local alternatives.
    So this Douglas came around. Looks good, feels good, price is good, so as a starter, why not?
    I'm going to take it to a luthier for a setup and some questions. Strings need changing and i want some advice about pickups/humbuckers).

If there are tips and tricks, or other things i should know, now's the time.
    Last edited by Lemuel; 01-16-2022 at 09:26 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congrats! How about a picture

User Info Menu

You're absolutely right. What was i thinking? Here she is.

My first hollowbody....-01_douglas_front-jpgMy first hollowbody....-02_douglas_back-jpgMy first hollowbody....-03_douglas_detail-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lemuel
    If there are tips and tricks, or other things i should know, now's the time.
    They seem to be a reliably workable brand, and it's something that fits your hands. It's something you can certainly grow with.
    Tips and tricks, a big one: Play it until you love it and Love it until you're the guitarist you never imagined possible.
    Now go to it!
    Congrats!

User Info Menu

Well wear!!

User Info Menu

Play the hell out of it!

User Info Menu

Looks great. It's a brand of which I know very little. I think I've read they are/were also made under the name Rondo.

User Info Menu

Afaik, Rondo is the only dealer who has them. I don't know if they're responsible for the manufacturing as well.
    I do know that these are made in China/Korea, depending on the source. Also, depending on the source, these are made in the same plants that make guitars for Ibanez etc...
    I haven't found any store in Europe yet, that has or had them. I'm beginning to think that this instrument is pretty unique around here, but that remains to be seen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lemuel
    Afaik, Rondo is the only dealer who has them. I don't know if they're responsible for the manufacturing as well.
    I do know that these are made in China/Korea, depending on the source. Also, depending on the source, these are made in the same plants that make guitars for Ibanez etc...
    I haven't found any store in Europe yet, that has or had them. I'm beginning to think that this instrument is pretty unique around here, but that remains to be seen.
    I recognize the workmanship as coming from a Chinese factory that manufactures for Ibanez. That's why I said it's a reliable build. Those factories tool up for a specific design run, and any company that wants to outfit the hardware, specify cosmetics or if you're big enough, alter the design can do that. There are no Rondo nor Douglas "factories". In reality, there is no Ibanez factory of guitar manufacturing facility either. There are a number of facilities that do build for lots of companies, and they can be found to be building guitars side by side and sometimes the only difference is the logo that eventually gets put on the headstock.
    So you have a solid instrument that can benefit from any mods you please and all with the knowledge that your guitar shares the same DNA as Ibanez or any of the other Asian big names.
    That's how Gibson was able to give themselves a life line with the Asian markets who were outselling them: They found their factories, had them copy Gibson designs (without the fear of lawsuit) and put an Epiphone label on them.
    Be happy with your new guitar

User Info Menu

Sweet guitar! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Aha. I didn't know that. Thank you for that piece of information. Another day, another thing learned.

User Info Menu

Congratulations on your new guitar, she looks nice to me!

Can not have too many red guitars.