The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

I’d probably go for a PRS Private Stock Singlecut Archtop, but to be honest I have what I need and am very grateful for that.

Having said that (and meaning it), my biggest gripe with hollowbody guitars is unwound strings that have no tone. I’ll play a D on the 10th fret of the high E and all I hear is this little plink without body, woodiness or tone. That’s like nails on a blackboard to me. I’ve changed my way of playing to coax as much tone out of the B and E as possible and I’ve come a long way with that, I need to hear a tone, not just a pitch. So whenever I stumble across a guitar that gives me that, it’s got my attention.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What would I want? That's easy:

1. 1950s ES350 (like Tal Farlow played, and Tim Lerch plays nowadays)

or a 1950s 6199 Gretsch Convertible (with the Dyansonic pickup) like Sal Salvador used to play (I have a soft spot for Gretsches)

I will admit though, while it would be nice to have one of the above, I am a more than happy camper with my Eastman Pisano AR380CE .

User Info Menu

A Ted Greene tribute or Tim Lerch signature Fender Tele, preferably the one with HHS and the switching options

Still planning to build one myself, but so much to do...

User Info Menu

I currently hold:

1) Johnny smith Award
    2) Ibanez GB -100
    3) Gibson Es-165
    4) Ibanez GB-200
    5) Gibson Chet Atkins Country Gent.

If I can get an Ibanez Jp-20, a PM200 and a Tal Farlow, that would complete my 'artist' set.

What is your dream signature guitar?-1-1-jpegWhat is your dream signature guitar?-1-2-jpegWhat is your dream signature guitar?-1-3-jpegWhat is your dream signature guitar?-1-4-jpegWhat is your dream signature guitar?-1-5-jpeg

User Info Menu

A late 20's Gibson L5, or Billy Byrd's Bigsby guitar, remade by Tk Smith.