The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Before I reach out to a luthier who might be able to turn one out of brass for me, is there any place that sells headstock ornaments like those on a D’Angelico? I’ve recently bought a Forcillo archtop that has a similar headstock but is missing the ornament.

D’Angelico headstock ornament (finial?)-90d69d0b-165a-4976-9245-72d6e9145488-jpegD’Angelico headstock ornament (finial?)-942dc058-5223-4100-94d6-0c50c262bbcc-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Forcillo, eh? That's a United Code body - cool!

Lamp Finials - Lamp Parts - The Home Depot

They come in all sorts of shapes 'n' sizes.

User Info Menu

Try searching Dollhouse brass finials on Etsy or Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone;[URL="tel:1168421"
    1168421[/URL]]Forcillo, eh? That's a United Code body - cool!

Lamp Finials - Lamp Parts - The Home Depot

They come in all sorts of shapes 'n' sizes.
    Exactly! I’ve done some research on this builder, but there’s very little info regarding United/Code’s history and D’Angelico G7 (G3?)/Forcillo guitars. I could only find a few lines that mainly came from one source (A Modernist blog), so I’m not entirely sure what to expect. It looks like a great guitar with some character, though—I hope it plays well. I’ll try to post a proper NGD post when it arrives.

Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp;[URL="tel:1168478"
    1168478[/URL]]Try searching Dollhouse brass finials on Etsy or Google.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Maybe the newer D'A company could provide one one their newer ones, if it would fit.

Thanks for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Maybe the newer D'A company could provide one one their newer ones, if it would fit.
    I didn't see it listed on their parts page, but I guess contacting them wouldn't hurt. Thanks, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound;[URL="tel:1168619"
    1168619[/URL]]Maybe the newer D'A company could provide one one their newer ones, if it would fit.
    They responded to my email and will be sending me one. Thanks for this—don’t know why I didn’t think of contacting them earlier