The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 24 of 24

User Info Menu

If I can't find one, I'll probably just buy an L5 style pickguard.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Whenever I need original stock Ibanez parts I order from these people.
    Drums Etc. | The Drummer's & Guitarist's Pro Shop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skypeace
    Whenever I need original stock Ibanez parts I order from these people.
    I've used them too with good results. AGS83 pickguard, GB pickups....

User Info Menu

First look up the actual Ibanez part number on their website.
    Ibanez parts catalog

Then with the part number in hand search on the Drum and Guitar site.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    If I can't find one, I'll probably just buy an L5 style pickguard.
    Hold on there, Jack ... Did you sneak a NGD past us? Tsk Tsk.

Ibanez parts catalog

unfortunately, the search won't take the year 1991

Ibanez parts catalog

And if I select the year 2000 and use the AF200 pickguard's catalog number at drums etc., it says not found. I guess I'll call them but with the supply chain issues and coming from japan, i'm probably better off having a local luthier make one.

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Hold on there, Jack ... Did you sneak a NGD past us? Tsk Tsk.
    Not yet. This wednesday is the due date but based on past luck, not holding my breath, lol.

User Info Menu

Not yet. This wednesday is the due date but based on past luck, not holding my breath, lol.
    Somebody sell this poor man a decent guitar already!

User Info Menu

Jack
    worth checking with Rich Harris at Ibanezrules.com
    Hes found an odd item or two for me.
    jk

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Jack
    worth checking with Rich Harris at Ibanezrules.com
    Hes found an odd item or two for me.
    jk
    Thanks, I did but I made the mistake of posting here what he had and someone bought them before I could, lol...

Somebody sell this poor man a decent guitar already!
    I wish I could get my seventy seven, 175, PM120 or Barney Kessel back! There are a few vintage gibsons around that look good but most of them have issues and I don't have the stomach for trying to get a vintage gibson anymore. Just too stressful.

User Info Menu

Jack maybe ICW? (Ibanez Collectors World)
    there be some very serious ibanez people there and overall a very positive non argumentative group
    Goid luck those are a classic jazz guitar from excellent Fujugen days)

User Info Menu

I wish I could get my seventy seven, 175, PM120 or Barney Kessel back! There are a few vintage gibsons around that look good but most of them have issues and I don't have the stomach for trying to get a vintage gibson anymore. Just too stressful.
    Let's hope the AF200 works out. It does seem like pretty slim pickings out there these days.

Let's hope the AF200 works out. It does seem like pretty slim pickings out there these days.
    this one is a '91 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...Supposedly it's had a setup but the last one I bought which had severe buzzing was advertised as being pleked but the seller later admitted they just say that and don't actually do it unless the instrument has issues. With it buzzing like a sitar I kind of wondered what constituted "issues", nevermind that it was false advertising...

Basically, I think most of the dealers are in a situation where they do minimal investigative work and hope that any issues will either not be noticed or will just be absorbed by the customer. Which is fine if that is agreed upon beforehand...

User Info Menu

this one is a '91 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...Supposedly it's had a setup but the last one I bought which had severe buzzing was advertised as being pleked but the seller later admitted they just say that and don't actually do it unless the instrument has issues. With it buzzing like a sitar I kind of wondered what constituted "issues", nevermind that it was false advertising...

Basically, I think most of the dealers are in a situation where they do minimal investigative work and hope that any issues will either not be noticed or will just be absorbed by the customer. Which is fine if that is agreed upon beforehand...

Ooo an Artstar!

Nice burst on that.

I think it's going to be a little too thin and bright for your tastes but if you haven't had one yet, nows a great chance to either fall in love, or get it out your system.

Roll on Wednesday!

User Info Menu

Love those tailpieces

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    Love those tailpieces
    Yeh accept the glue fails and the plaque falls off. I think the majority of those is missing their plaque including mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    Ooo an Artstar!

Nice burst on that.

I think it's going to be a little too thin and bright for your tastes but if you haven't had one yet, nows a great chance to either fall in love, or get it out your system.

Roll on Wednesday!
    Is this different from the later AF200 guitars they made or the AF2000 they currently make?

User Info Menu

Imo they're all much the same accept the earlier ones had a nicer finish.

It might have darkened down a bit over the years.

They claim the AF2000 is mahogany back and sides but the pics show some sort of maple. Our Friend Rob has one and says it is mahogany on the 2000.

Imo if you get a good one (as in with all guitars) they sound great. Kinda like a Barney Kessel vibe. A bit thin with nice separation and a bit of warmth. I'm talking about the player not the Gibson bk guitar.

Imo they're all much the same accept the earlier ones had a nicer finish.

It might have darkened down a bit over the years.

They claim the AF2000 is mahogany back and sides but the pics show some sort of maple. Our Friend Rob has one and says it is mahogany on the 2000.

Imo if you get a good one (as in with all guitars) they sound great. Kinda like a Barney Kessel vibe. A bit thin with nice separation and a bit of warmth. I'm talking about the player not the Gibson guitar.
    That could be good. The kessel was probably my favorite guitar ever, second was my '73 175, 3rd was the '89 175. Hopefully it's close !

User Info Menu

I was referring to his general sound on record, not the sound of the Gibson BK.

Anyway good Luck, I look forward to hearing the result and of course after recent events, am rooting for you to come up trumps.

Your love for thunk and reasonably heavy sounding ES-175's however, is going to make this a challenging battle.

I was referring to his general sound on record, not the sound of the Gibson BK.

Anyway good Luck, I look forward to hearing the result and of course after recent events, am rooting for you to come up trumps.

Your love for thunk and reasonably heavy sounding ES-175's however, is going to make this a challenging battle.
    I'm not expecting thunk out of this axe though. I just want a velvety spruce top guitar in the vein the of larger body benson guitars.

User Info Menu

That's na very nice looking guitar. Seems a little less blingy than the current ones? (which is good thing IMO