The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 76

User Info Menu

Several people I'm dealing with have been waiting for their SuperBlocks for months. The supply chain problems and US port congestion have been widely publicized but looks like things have taken a sudden turn for the worse: A couple of days ago Thomann's projection was about a week, then 1-2 weeks, then Dec 21 and now beginning of February. This in response to somebody whose order is in. I've also heard that some US dealers have stopped responding to people awaiting delivery. Anybody in the know, please?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I guess I should be grateful that I got mine when I did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    I guess I should be grateful that I got mine when I did.
    I feel guilty, sitting on both versions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Several people I'm dealing with have been waiting for their SuperBlocks for months. The supply chain problems and US port congestion have been widely publicized but looks like things have taken a sudden turn for the worse: A couple of days ago Thomann's projection was about a week, then 1-2 weeks, then Dec 21 and now beginning of February. This in response to somebody whose order is in. I've also heard that some US dealers have stopped responding to people awaiting delivery. Anybody in the know, please?
    I called Quilter yesterday because my SB US has been on backorder for 3 months from MF and I’m curious. I was told that a shipment had been stuck on one of those 80 or so boats off the west coast in one of those huge shipping containers (along with a lot of other people’s stuff) and that the container has finally been offloaded. But it still has to be moved by truck to the location at which they are opened, unpacked etc.

Unloading one of those huge containers is an exercise in itself, and then the Quilter content has to get to Quilter (who are in Orange County very near the port). Once they get the amps, they’re ready to get them out to the retailers and customers who are waiting for them. A rough and optimistic estimate for American market retailers and models is about 3 weeks, but it could be much longer depending on availability of trucks and the efficiency of the whole process (which has not been stellar so far, through no fault of Quilter).

It’s a terrible situation for all these manufacturers and vendors. They can’t generate revenue because they can’t get their goods, and in many cases they have their own money tied up in stalled stock to which they have no access. I’m sure Quilter gets calls like mine every day now, and I felt bad bothering them. But they were very nice about it and told me they’re happy to respond to us.

I wasn’t told anything about the rest of the world’s markets.

User Info Menu

The SuperBlock is superior to the InterBlock they still got in stock at Thomann, right?[/QUOTE]

From Mr Toob's mouth: Yes! Reverb, good voicings, better response to eq, more clean headroom. That said, I did a few small swing gigs with the InterBlock. It felt lacking power when testing alone but did ok in action. Compared to earlier Quilters tried, it has more bottom end. Mine went to a pro cellist and bass teacher, who powers a Metro 6.5BG with it and is quite happy. Are we amateurs too gear-focused? Somebody selling amps as a job said he's in the fashion industry.

User Info Menu

I was sniffing around for a 202 for my new Quilter 10' cab but Thoman says 8 weeks. The only other UK seller has no stock, email when available.

Perhaps Quiter should go back to making their products in the USA?
    I was surprised they were made in China to be honest.

User Info Menu

I ordered one on September 15 and haven’t received it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Oh ... Can't say it's unexpected, but kinda funny how Thoman moved it from 2-5 days to 1-2 weeks yesterday ... and now today it's 8-10 weeks
    Musician’s Friend has been doing the same thing for 2 months. That’s why I finally decided to bother Quilter even though I didn’t order it from them directly. And the person I spoke with said clearly that they could only estimate delivery based on info that changes daily, eg a truck scheduled to pick up the container with the Quilter order in it missed its pickup window last week and had to be rescheduled.

MF “updated” the estimated arrival date of their order every few weeks. In September they told me it was the second week in October, then moved it to the last week in October when I called at the end of the second week. I called each time another estimated date passed and was given a new one. Meanwhile, they’ve now run my credit card 6 times for this order but have never posted a charge. When I asked why they keep doing this, the answer was “for pre authorization - it’s routine”. But yesterday was the 3rd time in 3 weeks, which is definitely not routine.

If a great buy on a Blu 6 comes along, I’m going to take it. And now more than ever, I miss my friendly local music store and all that great stuff made in the USA from US-made parts!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    I was sniffing around for a 202 for my new Quilter 10' cab but Thoman says 8 weeks. The only other UK seller has no stock, email when available.

Perhaps Quiter should go back to making their products in the USA?
    I was surprised they were made in China to be honest.
    As I understand, President Trump in his unfathomable wisdom imposed customs duties on electronic components from China. This made assembling in the US even less competitive than before. The components come from China and elsewhere in Asia anyway. It's less complicated and cheaper to assemble near the source. The pandemic, of course, threw one spanner after the other in the works. Just one example of how vulnerable supply chains have become from overglobalization.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    As I understand, President Trump in his unfathomable wisdom imposed customs duties on electronic components from China. This made assembling in the US even less competitive than before. The components come from China and elsewhere in Asia anyway. It's less complicated and cheaper to assemble near the source. The pandemic, of course, threw one spanner after the other in the works. Just one example of how vulnerable supply chains have become from overglobalization.
    A lot of amp companies make their amps in the USA but it's fair to say they are also experiencing supply chain problems.

Whether or not it is wise for the US consumer to keep giving their dollars to China, is another debate for another forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    And now more than ever, I miss my friendly local music store and all that great stuff made in the USA from US-made parts!
    That change has been happening for a really long time. How long has it been since tubes were made in the USA?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    That change has been happening for a really long time. How long has it been since tubes were made in the USA?
    Seriously. A LONG time. AND, the successors haven't been as good. Full stop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Sounds like a plan!!

Tbh personally I can't really complain. I got my THR10 for noodling on the couch and If I ever need to get loud that can be solved to .. Just no by something currently as fashionable as the SB+TOOB combination .. To use Gitterbugs language
    Well, if I have to be perfectly honest..........

The last thing I need is more equipment. I knew we'd both be leaving the ranks of the salaried employee about a decade ago, with plans to sell the house and move to a condo apartment. So I started selling off stuff I knew I wouldn't need, which included my original Boogie Mk 1 (bought new), 1st year SF Vibrolux, SWR Baby Baby Blue, Princeton 2 reverb, 3 Crate Powerblocks, two Phil Jones amps (Cub and Briefcase), tweed Blues Deluxe etc. I posted my Vox NightTrain tube head and the original Boogie EVM Thiele cab I got along with the Mk 1 combo on Craigslist yesterday (after no interest from the JGO community for several weeks) and gave my SWR 8" combo to my son. I was about to post my two Bag End 12" speakers (with monster magnets), but I may stick them in a pair of those $25 B stock Tech 21 cabs somebody posted about, if they're still available.

The club in which I play twice a week has a great backline with a DVM Jazz 12, CS PR, Vibrolux, tweed Blues Deluxe, Peavey, and a Leslie 3300 that I love for guitar. And I have a Little Jazz, a Microblock, an Elf, and a Gigrac 300, any of which will cover whatever outside gigs I do. For speakers, I have a RevSound RS8, an original RE Stealth 10, an Eminence 8-15 in a small black ported cab, and a homebuilt 12" GK MB150 cabinet clone - plus the Thiele until I sell it. So "TBH" I don't need anything.

Quilter SuperBlock status-meanwhile_small-jpg............................I WANT MY SUPERBLOCK!!!!

[PS: A Blu 6 would keep me happy in the interim, but I want both! We are very sick people. "WE?????" You know who you are. Quilter SuperBlock status-eye-gif]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Well, if I have to be perfectly honest..........

The last thing I need is more equipment. I knew we'd both be leaving the ranks of the salaried employee about a decade ago, with plans to sell the house and move to a condo apartment. So I started selling off stuff I knew I wouldn't need, which included my original Boogie Mk 1 (bought new), 1st year SF Vibrolux, SWR Baby Baby Blue, Princeton 2 reverb, 3 Crate Powerblocks, two Phil Jones amps (Cub and Briefcase), tweed Blues Deluxe etc. I posted my Vox NightTrain tube head and the original Boogie EVM Thiele cab I got along with the Mk 1 combo on Craigslist yesterday (after no interest from the JGO community for several weeks) and gave my SWR 8" combo to my son. I was about to post my two Bag End 12" speakers (with monster magnets), but I may stick them in a pair of those $25 B stock Tech 21 cabs somebody posted about, if they're still available.

The club in which I play twice a week has a great backline with a DVM Jazz 12, CS PR, Vibrolux, tweed Blues Deluxe, Peavey, and a Leslie 3300 that I love for guitar. And I have a Little Jazz, a Microblock, an Elf, and a Gigrac 300, any of which will cover whatever outside gigs I do. For speakers, I have a RevSound RS8, an original RE Stealth 10, an Eminence 8-15 in a small black ported cab, and a homebuilt 12" GK MB150 cabinet clone - plus the Thiele until I sell it. So "TBH" I don't need anything.

Quilter SuperBlock status-meanwhile_small-jpg............................I WANT MY SUPERBLOCK!!!!

[PS: A Blu 6 would keep me happy in the interim, but I want both! We are very sick people. "WE?????" You know who you are. Quilter SuperBlock status-eye-gif]

If you're desperate for a fix, I can get you in a mini 101 block. It has a 'jazz' setting!!

User Info Menu

If you're desperate for a fix, I can get you in a mini 101 block. It has a 'jazz' setting!!
    I'm trying to find a guitar with one of those switches!

User Info Menu

I ordered my SB the first of August and went straight on and ordered my Toob and received it within a week or two shipped to the states. The Toob was for use with my SB here at home. Sweetwater hasn't even responded to my last two emails sent within the last 3 weeks. I have lost my patience waiting on the SB. Now I don't even have anything to use with my Toob. I'm to the point of asking SW for a refund and trying to to sell my brand new never used Toob dangit!!!!! SW took my money as soon as I placed my order and now won't even respond...argg!

User Info Menu

Thomann just sets a date for things out of stock, then resets it when it's close, don't take 1 or 3 weeks or whatever for granted. When they have a specific date they write it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BFrench
    I ordered my SB the first of August and went straight on and ordered my Toob and received it within a week or two shipped to the states. The Toob was for use with my SB here at home. Sweetwater hasn't even responded to my last two emails sent within the last 3 weeks. I have lost my patience waiting on the SB. Now I don't even have anything to use with my Toob. I'm to the point of asking SW for a refund and trying to to sell my brand new never used Toob dangit!!!!! SW took my money as soon as I placed my order and now won't even respond...argg!
    Hey French,
    Bummer about the SB, but don't sell your Toob! There are other "mini" amps out there, including others by Quilter, and the Toob can be used with any amp. Look around, and don't give up!

User Info Menu

A lot of amp companies make their amps in the USA but it's fair to say they are also experiencing supply chain problems.

Whether or not it is wise for the US consumer to keep giving their dollars to China, is another debate for another forum.
    Well, quite frankly, there are not a whole lot of options to buying products made in China unless you are going to solely exist in the artisanal boutique product market- and can afford to do so. This is just the way of the world now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BFrench
    Sounds like a complaint to your credit card company is in order, there. They should not have charged you before shipping. Or did they just take your credit card information without posting the charge yet?

User Info Menu

Along the lines of nevershouldhavesoldit's confessional, if I am brutally honest with myself all I need is one guitar and my tweed Deluxe clone. I am not playing a ton of gigs requiring a lot of different sounds, I am not a brilliant jazz guitarist or for that matter any other genre, and I mostly play to amuse myself and the cat...

BUT GEAR IS FUN!

User Info Menu

Quilter amps are not built (assembled) in China, but the required IC chips are only made in China. China manufactures most of the stuff bought in Murika. I defy you to go into any WalMart and find anything not made in China, other than food.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Quilter amps are not built (assembled) in China.
    The Superblocks are made in China. They say so on the bottom.

User Info Menu

I had to return my Superblock to Thomann b/c the speaker out died (possibly due to pilot error). That was in August, still waiting for a replacement. Obviously nobody ever thought of actually repairing the dang thing.

Consoling myself with my old Microblock, but it’s not the same… miss the limiter as well as the three-band EQ, and I‘m too lazy to put pedals in front of it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

It's kinda crazy when things you *want to buy* aren't available. A while back I was lucky enough to put together a matching pair of Carvin Koa acoustics. (Steel and nylon, fabulous electric acoustic crossovers.) Then they discontinued both, no longer available. And they are extremely rare on the used market now. I know it's not a supply issue, but just a production decision. These were always good sellers for them. I guess it could be worse, we could be waiting in lines for food.

Quilter SuperBlock status-carvins-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 12-12-2021 at 10:42 AM.