Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Epiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-img_3033-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-img_3034-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-img_3035-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145913-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145409-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145651-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145557-jpg


    I got this Christmas gift early from my wife! I love it. The finish is perfect, the frets are great, and most importantly, it sounds like a 335. I had heard some Epi guitars had skinny necks, but this one is very much like the 50's style neck on my Les Paul. Honeymoon period for sure, but I think this one is a keeper!

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2
    Beautiful! I almost pulled the trigger on one of those but I had some hesitation. I have an Epi 335 dot (Not the inspired by Gibson model) but I don't play it much because the neck has an odd feel to it. Almost like it is soft and sticky so I have a hard time moving up and down the neck.

    Do you find that with this model?

    Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by smallie_stalker
    Beautiful! I almost pulled the trigger on one of those but I had some hesitation. I have an Epi 335 dot (Not the inspired by Gibson model) but I don't play it much because the neck has an odd feel to it. Almost like it is soft and sticky so I have a hard time moving up and down the neck.

    Do you find that with this model?

    Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
    This neck finish is smooth and slippery, feels great. I just watched a few YouTube reviews and others have said the same thing, that it is not sticky like other epi guitars. Hope this helps.

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Razzzzz-berry sunburst....the kind you buy, at a gee-tar store....

    That looks fantastic.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Razzzzz-berry sunburst....the kind you buy, at a gee-tar store....

    That looks fantastic.
    Haha I've been singing that Prince song all day!
    Thanks.

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    from the time it took me to read the thread title to perusing all the photos, i went on a roller coaster of emotions, from:

    -that sounds fun!
    -there's no way that'll work.
    -that's not as bad as it could have been.
    -i kinda like this?
    -i'm totally ok with this!

    congratulations. it reminds me of a smoothie i make from time to time. i'm on board.

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Congrats on the guitar (and the great wife)!


  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    That is real pretty man! Enjoy that guitar. Merry Christmas

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Congrats on the guitar (and the great wife)!

    Guitar is a 9, wife is a ten!
    Thanks

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarvegas
    That is real pretty man! Enjoy that guitar. Merry Christmas
    Thanks! I often hear how it is hard to photogragh certain guitar finishes and that was the case here.
    In person the burst is more pronounced and overall it is a little less red.
    I sure love it.
    Merry Christmas to you too!

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    That's a nice Epi--really seems to nail the Gibson ES-335. I owned a Wine Red Gibson ES-335 for years and years that sorta reminds me of your Epi.

    Enjoy.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    That's a nice Epi--really seems to nail the Gibson ES-335. I owned a Wine Red Gibson ES-335 for years and years that sorta reminds me of your Epi.

    Enjoy.
    Thanks!
    My les paul is wine red and this is slightly lighter but pretty close.

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    That looks delicous! Please pass the Breyer's! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    That looks delicous! Please pass the Breyer's! Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Thanks!

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Gorgeous guitar. Those Epi 335's of late are great guitars. I'm so glad I have the ES 335 Pro, it has great p/ups, but not a finish like yours !
    Enjoy it, Merry Christmas