The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

Epiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-img_3033-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-img_3034-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-img_3035-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145913-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145409-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145651-jpgEpiphone es 335 Limited Edition Raspberry Burst-20211208_145557-jpg

I got this Christmas gift early from my wife! I love it. The finish is perfect, the frets are great, and most importantly, it sounds like a 335. I had heard some Epi guitars had skinny necks, but this one is very much like the 50's style neck on my Les Paul. Honeymoon period for sure, but I think this one is a keeper!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Beautiful! I almost pulled the trigger on one of those but I had some hesitation. I have an Epi 335 dot (Not the inspired by Gibson model) but I don't play it much because the neck has an odd feel to it. Almost like it is soft and sticky so I have a hard time moving up and down the neck.

Do you find that with this model?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smallie_stalker
    Beautiful! I almost pulled the trigger on one of those but I had some hesitation. I have an Epi 335 dot (Not the inspired by Gibson model) but I don't play it much because the neck has an odd feel to it. Almost like it is soft and sticky so I have a hard time moving up and down the neck.

Do you find that with this model?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
    This neck finish is smooth and slippery, feels great. I just watched a few YouTube reviews and others have said the same thing, that it is not sticky like other epi guitars. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Razzzzz-berry sunburst....the kind you buy, at a gee-tar store....

That looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Razzzzz-berry sunburst....the kind you buy, at a gee-tar store....

That looks fantastic.
    Haha I've been singing that Prince song all day!
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

from the time it took me to read the thread title to perusing all the photos, i went on a roller coaster of emotions, from:

-that sounds fun!
    -there's no way that'll work.
    -that's not as bad as it could have been.
    -i kinda like this?
    -i'm totally ok with this!

congratulations. it reminds me of a smoothie i make from time to time. i'm on board.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the guitar (and the great wife)!

User Info Menu

That is real pretty man! Enjoy that guitar. Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Congrats on the guitar (and the great wife)!

Guitar is a 9, wife is a ten!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guitarvegas
    That is real pretty man! Enjoy that guitar. Merry Christmas
    Thanks! I often hear how it is hard to photogragh certain guitar finishes and that was the case here.
    In person the burst is more pronounced and overall it is a little less red.
    I sure love it.
    Merry Christmas to you too!

User Info Menu

That's a nice Epi--really seems to nail the Gibson ES-335. I owned a Wine Red Gibson ES-335 for years and years that sorta reminds me of your Epi.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    That's a nice Epi--really seems to nail the Gibson ES-335. I owned a Wine Red Gibson ES-335 for years and years that sorta reminds me of your Epi.

Enjoy.
    Thanks!
    My les paul is wine red and this is slightly lighter but pretty close.

User Info Menu

That looks delicous! Please pass the Breyer's! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    That looks delicous! Please pass the Breyer's! Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Gorgeous guitar. Those Epi 335's of late are great guitars. I'm so glad I have the ES 335 Pro, it has great p/ups, but not a finish like yours !
    Enjoy it, Merry Christmas

User Info Menu

I also just got a purple raspberry and it is gorgeous and sounds great. I looked for months I even had settled to buy a vos Gibson 1961 remake but when that came in some one had ruined it and scratched the hell out of it. So i did not take it, I'm picky. Guitar has to be perfect and sound great or forget it.

shell

Cool that you like yours! Almost a year on mine had become my number 1, replacing even my Ibanez PM120!

User Info Menu

Congrats! Epi makes some great guitars for sure. Got a souped-up Dot Studio that my Gibson ES-175D is very jealous of...