The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Around 6 years ago I played a Two Rock Studio Pro 35w combo and the sound has never left me.

I finally had to put that to rest.

Is this the ultimate Jazz amp? Well no because that doesn't exist.

Ok, is it a great Jazz Amp? Let's find out.

More to come.

Two Rock Studio Signature 35W: A Great Jazz Amp?-1-1-jpeg Two Rock Studio Signature 35W: A Great Jazz Amp?-screenshot-2021-12-08-21-19-15-png Two Rock Studio Signature 35W: A Great Jazz Amp?-screenshot-2021-12-08-21-20-36-png
    Last edited by Archie; 12-08-2021 at 05:43 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Droolicious! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Not "jazz," but I sure like Matt's sound on his TR:

Any updates?
    I'm going to have an opportunity to play one of these soon. Don't see much Two Rock content on the forum.

User Info Menu

The combo version of the studio pro 35W was for sale nearby around a year ago, and I let it slip away! They're not exactly ubiquitous!
    Nice clean tones IMHO from what I've heard!

User Info Menu

It's a great amp and I will finally get round to A/B'ing it against an Evans and Quilter now the studio is nearly finished.

The cleans are phenomenal but from what I've learned so far, are they £3000 better than the good solid state?

Not really.

It's what else you can do with it that adds the value although does it add £3000 of value over a good tube amp? Not sure. I think the Two Rock is the best tube amp available followed by a tone king imperial.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    It's a great amp and I will finally get round to A/B'ing it against an Evans and Quilter now the studio is nearly finished.
    That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    I think the Two Rock is the best tube amp available
    I had a Rivera tube combo that I loved tonally, but it came out of the box with bad tube rattle. Tried new tubes, tried tube dampers. Incurable buzzing/tinkling/rattling from the power tubes, even at bedroom volumes. It stopped altogether when I supported the tubes in hand with a cloth. Maybe the tube sockets themselves were defective. Eventually I returned it for a full refund, after Rivera support wasted my time for months and months. That was my first ever tube amp. It had everything I wanted: all the headroom, excellent EQ-versatility for use with different guitar/pickup types, fat analogue warmth, great practical options for studio and gigging use (internal load for playing without speaker, no-EQ line out, 1/4" direct out, XLR direct out, speaker emulator, headphone jack). But it also had this critical problem.

I've been all solid-state since, but I've been missing that tube sound, for some guitars/pickups in particular. So I've been shopping around again, considering Two Rock. But there doesn't seem to be much take-up in the all-clean jazz scene. Most of these boutique tube amp companies are going for break-up tones, for players in the rockier categories. Anyway, the TR Studio Signature got my attention, as a clean platform. I like the smaller form factor also. Would you say something on how it compares tonally to the standard Fenders in the jazz world? Thanks!
    Last edited by ArnoldSchoenberg; 03-15-2022 at 11:21 AM.