The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Can anybody help me identify the model Paul Gilbert is holding in the picture in this article? I've had never seen one like that before. It looks like it has an ebony fretboard and the typical Artist headstock. It isn't listed in Paul's gear at the end of the article.

Paul Gilbert: Tausendsassa | GITARRE & BASS
    Attached Images Attached Images Unkown ES-175-like Ibanez model-paul-gilbert-2-jason-quigley-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like an L5-ish tailpiece too...wonder if it's something that's never seen the light of day? A beauty, for sure.

User Info Menu

Hi…
    You can try here as you can get to any Ibanez catalog ever:
    Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

But thats gonna take time)))
    List your question here (ICW) chances are theres a guy or two who knows off the bat! In the forum theres a hollow body section:
    Ibanez Collectors World Home Page

Do report back?

jk

User Info Menu

all of those, are fantastic,

bottom two look like a AR500 & AS2639 Jens Larsen and others play these.

ArchtopHeaven may know what Gilbert is holding. He is the Ibanez Guru.

I want one, looks like a Joe Pass single pup 175 with a L5 tail, but 175 full depth.

...........................................thinkin g aloud............................... a AF200 with different tail piece???

User Info Menu

Its too thick to be an AF200, and never saw that cut away on an AF200. Could be wrong on the cutaway but definitely not AF thiness.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Durban
    all of those, are fantastic,

bottom two look like a AR500 & AS2639 Jens Larsen and others play these.

ArchtopHeaven may know what Gilbert is holding. He is the Ibanez Guru.

I want one, looks like a Joe Pass single pup 175 with a L5 tail, but 175 full depth.

...........................................thinkin g aloud............................... a AF200 with different tail piece???
    Defiantly a couple of guys on here more clued up than me but my guess without researching, is that it's a transition model 2616 Artist?
    Same body shape, similar maple top and headstock. The other guitars are also Artists.
    All of those guitars are killer. I would happily own all of them.
    That is one fantastic collection. An Artist for all occasions.

It's a 2635 Artist, so the model up from the 2616 Artist.

Unkown ES-175-like Ibanez model-iu-jpegUnkown ES-175-like Ibanez model-iu-1-jpeg

User Info Menu

There is an Ibanez model that was an L4ces clone... can't recall exactly, though.

Here is an old listing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fabyoda
    Can anybody help me identify the model Paul Gilbert is holding in the picture in this article? I've had never seen one like that before. It looks like it has an ebony fretboard and the typical Artist headstock. It isn't listed in Paul's gear at the end of the article.

Paul Gilbert: Tausendsassa | GITARRE & BASS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    Defiantly a couple of guys on here more clued up than me but my guess without researching, is that it's a transition model 2616 Artist?
    Same body shape, similar maple top and headstock. The other guitars are also Artists.
    All of those guitars are killer. I would happily own all of them.
    That is one fantastic collection. An Artist for all occasions.

It's a 2635 Artist, so the model up from the 2616 Artist.

Unkown ES-175-like Ibanez model-iu-jpegUnkown ES-175-like Ibanez model-iu-1-jpeg
    That's awesome! Thank you for finding. I've seen they sale for high prices, like true es175.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    There is an Ibanez model that was an L4ces clone... can't recall exactly, though.

Here is an old listing
    The L4-CES clone is the 2455 - but it's not really a clone.

User Info Menu

Yes it's not a model I've seen for years. In fact I had forgot all about it.

The 2616 artist also sells for a fair bit.

Dare I say, I would rather have the Artist over the Es-175. The Artists of that era are very good guitars and imo, superior to their Gibson counterpart.

The tail piece might make it a bit bottom heavy but those Ibanez L5 type tail pieces, aren't as heavy as the Gibson ones if memory serves me correctly.