The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 40

User Info Menu

Stay tuned next for a Cameo build. Mark’s flagship archtop.

Campellone’s latest batch-0213f89d-67d5-4436-bf8d-0797624412e8-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-adef3f61-3cbd-491e-85ca-9905770329ce-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-b4d8dbc8-bf77-42c4-b4b7-eb64963b353a-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-3317b242-6186-44f6-8389-2ae5e5d3db87-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-4f9987c1-300e-48a1-ae6c-90a43a020dd6-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-addbae56-eea7-421f-9e18-227ebe8fcd91-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-d785b898-e8e8-4f7c-a545-b95573f99e8d-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-941b1584-5e01-4a2b-a603-956fa484ad74-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Campellone’s latest batch-1900dbc3-bbab-431a-ac86-3f05f2a1315f-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-f8de4371-8656-4ebb-b803-b645f8e6a75d-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-6cd1757b-1ceb-4f9b-a02c-030538bae777-jpeg

User Info Menu

Stunning.

Mark really likes the amber look on blondes. It's the same colour that's on my 2001.

He has 3 types of blondes.
    Natural, antique natural, and dark antique natural.
    I really dig the dark antique natural.

User Info Menu

Oh my!! Archtop overload!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jumpnblues
    Oh my!! Archtop overload!!

There is no such thing.: " A thing of beauty is a joy forever"
    quoted Donald Duck , (or maybe , John Keats )

User Info Menu

It's going to be tough to beat your Custom Mr. Vinny!

User Info Menu

...There's a few good stories there - for me in particular, that ' P-90 ' style non-cutaway, and the maroon ( ? ) with the finger style t/p.......Wonder how each customer chose those features.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    ...There's a few good stories there - for me in particular, that ' P-90 ' style non-cutaway, and the maroon ( ? ) with the finger style t/p.......Wonder how each customer chose those features.......
    Mark is pretty open to our quirky customer wants. Unlike a production guitar or even other private builders.
    As far as a total 1 off total off the the tracks build …..Steve Holst.
    Fit and finish though…MC.

User Info Menu

Man, please forgive my vulgarity but I've seen so many barges full of turds come floating down the river of my life this year, it somehow makes me happy to think that a craftsman, an artist unto himself, just one guy out there somewhere is periodically creating and floating these incredible things of beauty down that self-same river, and that there really are a few droplets of beauty being birthed in the world, if you're lucky enough to see them. Thanks for the post, Vinny. Glorious to see.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    He has 3 types of blondes.
    Natural, antique natural, and dark antique natural.
    I really dig the dark antique natural.
    Is that the one that looks almost orange? I agree, it is gorgeous.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Man, please forgive my vulgarity but I've seen so many barges full of turds come floating down the river of my life this year, it somehow makes me happy to think that a craftsman, an artist unto himself, just one guy out there somewhere is periodically creating and floating these incredible things of beauty down that self-same river, and that there really are a few droplets of beauty being birthed in the world, if you're lucky enough to see them. Thanks for the post, Vinny. Glorious to see.
    This. Yes. You just put the point on it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    Is that the one that looks almost orange? I agree, it is gorgeous.
    Yes. I like it a lot.

User Info Menu

Great stuff
    Msrk never ceases to amaze

Big

User Info Menu

Interesting in that I like the really no color blond that has no tint at all. With the proper wood that to me is the nicest. I say that because my 18 inch Hollenbeck made in 1993 was done and Bill used a bit of tint to give in an amber type cast. It is very similar to the antique natural Mark makes. However now all these years later it is not orange but clearly has changed to a darker cast over the years. I don't mind it at all it is beautiful bit there is something about a pure blond no tint that hits me. As someone who repairs and can do finish work by far the easiest finish is no tint blond. Then you don't have to worry about getting anything wrong except getting the proper number of coats on the guitar and buffing it out to a nice shine.

I have said this over and over but finishing a guitar especially in nitro, is an art in and of itself. One can make a tremendously sounding and performing arctop or any guitar for that matter. If finish does not look super professional and great, then it will suffer in the end to the market. Players still look with their eyes and I am no different. Mark Campellone has the finish process down as an art and refined to the best around. Within this he makes a superb sound guitar with playability. Every day I pick up and play my Campy 18 deluxe and say......well I could find a better guitar.....but I won't. As Mark's level of workmanship it is just whatever you happen to like, nothing better just different.

Actually Mark’s personal favorite finish he offers is his bright
    cherry sunburst like the 1960’s Gibson Barney Kessel model.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    Dennis
    I ordered that 3 by 16 inch non-cutaway w/ the P-90 in antique burst.
    I play rhythm 4/4 mostly old world jazz, dixie/swing/gypsy jazz/western swing.
    I solo a bit and do not require the upper register. Fulfilled enough using all the frets I got, seems to be enough for my liking..
    Set up with D’Addario 11 rounds, a Dunlop tortex 1.14 pick and a Vintage 47 octal tube amplifier I really get the sound I am looking for. The P-90 is a Lollar 50’s underwound pu and is not quick to break up. It is clean and articulate for note separation with just the right amount of depth for my style of playing..
    There are a lot of different type of jazz musicians, and instruments that compliment a particular player & style.
    The genre is extensive.
    I know that my particular set up and style of playing is certainly not for everyone. More so a very few stuck in a time warp lol..
    Mark Campellone did an excellent job and I am so blessed to own such a fine instrument!!
    Nick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nick71
    Dennis
    I ordered that 3 by 16 inch non-cutaway w/ the P-90 in antique burst.
    I play rhythm 4/4 mostly old world jazz, dixie/swing/gypsy jazz/western swing.
    I solo a bit and do not require the upper register. Fulfilled enough using all the frets I got, seems to be enough for my liking..
    Set up with D’Addario 11 rounds, a Dunlop tortex 1.14 pick and a Vintage 47 octal tube amplifier I really get the sound I am looking for. The P-90 is a Lollar 50’s underwound pu and is not quick to break up. It is clean and articulate for note separation with just the right amount of depth for my style of playing..
    There are a lot of different type of jazz musicians, and instruments that compliment a particular player & style.
    The genre is extensive.
    I know that my particular set up and style of playing is certainly not for everyone. More so a very few stuck in a time warp lol..
    Mark Campellone did an excellent job and I am so blessed to own such a fine instrument!!
    Nick

Thanks Nick !

Good for you !!!

Nick, love your new Campy !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Nick, love your new Campy !
    Thanks Vinny!!
    Likewise you have a few phenomenal Campellone’s..
    A perfect balance of beauty, playability and craftsmanship..
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick71
    Thanks Vinny!!
    Likewise you have a few phenomenal Campellone’s..
    A perfect balance of beauty, playability and craftsmanship..
    Nick
    we are both big fanboys….

silverfoxx (007) too.

User Info Menu

Here are a few pics of my guitar from Mark’s latest batch, due for completion in September. Mine will be a Standard 17” with a floating Biltoft CC pickup.

Campellone’s latest batch-1487f8e0-2240-4273-b21e-44230b981d1d-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-a8e892f1-f087-4ce2-854a-9ecbc1a0dc12-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-19e87450-d5d4-4fd6-9f22-6cf84f1a3119-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-d6865605-d6be-44d0-9523-e3a23b424592-jpegCampellone’s latest batch-8461bee6-b34b-4e9b-bef8-a8477818d515-jpeg

User Info Menu

Good for you MM! She’s going to be the star of the show!

User Info Menu

Whoah those are beautiful!