The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Starting to fall for the marketing blitz. Anyone have one? Are the Cleans usable?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

One of the best purchases i have made.The cleans are nice and being so small and portable is a huge plus.Glad i bought mind when i did because the price has gone up $20 but it is still more than worth it.

Went ahead and ordered it from Sweetwater. I’ll let y’all know Friday.

User Info Menu

I fell for the hype too. It hissed and sounded "digital" to me, so I sent it back.

User Info Menu

I use it for practice every day.
    1. It’s super convenient- plug in, put on headphones, turn on, play
    2. It’s super portable
    3. Because it syncs with my iPhone I can practice to a metronome (iPhone app), my music, anything on YouTube, the ASD (Amazing Slow Downer) app, and so much more.

Maybe someone else needs it to perfectly replicate their amp and pedalboard. It can’t do that - although for me, the Twin plus TS plus Reverb is good enough. I just need to practice.

I have one at home and one at work.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz
    One of the best purchases i have made.The cleans are nice and being so small and portable is a huge plus.Glad i bought mind when i did because the price has gone up $20 but it is still more than worth it.

User Info Menu

I agree. I use this thing every day. Everyone I've shown it to has gone out and bought one.

Came today. I like it! Used to have one of those 40watt Mustang combos. This is much more enjoyable than I remember that. No hiss when the strings are silent even with my Strat 57/62 not reverse wound or reverse polarized pickups.. even with high gain amps. The 57 Twin + comp (compressor I assume) is very pleasant.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fender Mustang Micro?-7b400875-8fd3-4f36-aa1c-496e02468464-jpeg 

Unexpected bonus. It’s easy to record. Plugged it USB C to USB C on my iPad and it’s recognized. iOS compliant interface.

User Info Menu

I'm very happy with mine. Living in a NYC apartment, it's very helpful to be able to practice and play at night without worrying about the downstairs neighbors.

The bluetooth pairing with my iPhone is a very welcome added bonus (similar to the bluetooth on my Bud), so I can play along with Genius JT.

I hear no hissing, and the sound is very clean. Much, much better than the Vox Amplug 2 Clean it replaces – in comparison, the Vox sounded muffled.

User Info Menu

I agree that the Fender Mustang Micro is an improvement on the Vox Amplug Clean . Unfortunately I find the effects on both aren't useable. Is a useable reverb really asking for too much. I took the Fender back and kept the Vox I"d bought years ago. If the Vox breaks I'd probably replace wit with the Fender. I'm really writing to ask what is Genius JT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    I'm very happy with mine. Living in a NYC apartment, it's very helpful to be able to practice and play at night without worrying about the downstairs neighbors.

The bluetooth pairing with my iPhone is a very welcome added bonus (similar to the bluetooth on my Bud), so I can play along with Genius JT.

I hear no hissing, and the sound is very clean. Much, much better than the Vox Amplug 2 Clean it replaces – in comparison, the Vox sounded muffled.

User Info Menu

srs, Genius JT (that's how it shows on my iPhone – its full name is Genius Jamtracks) is an app for iOS and Android that is sort of a more sophisticated iReal Pro that lets you play with polyrhythms.

You can read more about it here.

The effects on the Mustang Micro don't bother me, since I don't use them much. Just a little reverb.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by srs
    Is a useable reverb really asking for too much.
    I guess I’m kinda baffled by this - unless I want to do surf, the Micro gives me all the reverb I want. Any more would be excessive.

Sure, it would be nice to have more variety and more control, but … where the heck would you put the controls?

I think NUX has a competing device with a separate software editor - maybe that’s what you’re looking for. Personally I prefer the simplicity of the Micro.

And that’s probably the net of it all - it all comes down to personal preference.

User Info Menu

This thread caused me to dig out my old Joyo micro amp. That is a truly awful piece of crap. I read about it here, some years ago, and bought one. Very loud hiss, horrible sound, worthless at any price. Perhaps the Fender is better, but I've had all the micro headphone amps I want. If I need to practice silently, I can just turn off the speaker in my Little Jazz and plug in headphones. Same for my GK MB200. But my needs are not the same as anyone else's.

There is a firmware update available dated May, ‘21. Says it improves tone. Applied it and if I kid myself it is a slightly more rounded tone. I only use the Twin and Deluxe emulations with a little reverb which is perfect for me so maybe the update does more for the high gain amps. Don’t know.

Though I got the Micro last month from Sweetwater last month it did take the 6 month old firmware update. Suspect Fender ships them all with the initial configuration.