The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

This is almost a replica of a Gibson ES-125T but with a 25.5” scale.

Any suggestions where I could get a nice gig bag?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Gator Dreadnaught bag fits. I have a Century, and while I mostly have it in a case, I've carried it in the Gator and it fits well. My Century is not a thinline, though, it's full depth.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll look into it.

User Info Menu

I've just ordered a Ritter RGP8 Super Jumbo gigbag (from Thomann), for my future Loar LH-650. Some of the reviewers mentioned they use it for archtops too. It's a bit cheaper and looks more compact than the Gator alternatives.

I’ll check that out.

It’s feeling like I might need to have one custom made, which could be really expensive

This is the guitar - refinished a beater, I call it my tuxedo guitar. I’d like to get a case so I can take it out.

User Info Menu

Doesn't look particularly deep/thick in that photo, so anything that will accommodate the total length and lower bout width should do. You may end up with unused inside space, esp. in height. I'm not certain even the Gator Go Pro with their (re)movable foam inserts have a solution for that, but you could always repurpose some packaging material and/or old towel(s) to put under the guitar. Or cut out some stiffer foam (of the sort photographers use in their cases) to fit around the bridge and controls areas, in order to keep the lid off them.

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Doesn't look particularly deep/thick in that photo, so anything that will accommodate the total length and lower bout width should do. You may end up with unused inside space, esp. in height. I'm not certain even the Gator Go Pro with their (re)movable foam inserts have a solution for that, but you could always repurpose some packaging material and/or old towel(s) to put under the guitar. Or cut out some stiffer foam (of the sort photographers use in their cases) to fit around the bridge and controls areas, in order to keep the lid off them.
    Ok this helpful.

I thought about the dreadnought bags but this is a thinline- it would be bouncing around in there.

But if a bag is designed to allow for inserts, that opens a whole new set of possibilities.

I used to dabble in photography and I know what you’re talking about (re the inserts in photographers bags). This could work. Thank you!

User Info Menu

The tele on the side looks sick!! What is it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s Frankenstein’s Baritone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDee62
    That’s Frankenstein’s Baritone.

Love it!!! Thanks so much for the pictures!! Looks really cool

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk