The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

I bought one of those guitar high stools, and couldn't get along with it. I often use an adjustable office chair, and I've tried it while adjusted from highest to lowest, and most everywhere in between. I find I prefer it as low as it will go for smaller guitars, higher for bigger ones. YMMV.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    FWIW, resistance is measured in ohms, capacitance in farads, or fractions thereof. Since tone controls are variable resistors, I assume you meant capacitors.
    Thanks for the clarification! Correction(s) made. It was 1986, and some of my brain was still working, sporadically.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Put some .11 chrome flats on the Les Paul and it was just what it needed. Can't believe I waited this long to try it, but I really didn't expect it to have such a BIG impact on the tone. They sound incredible.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Thanks for the clarification! Correction(s) made. It was 1986, and some of my brain was still working, sporadically.
    I can't really afford to make many corrections other than in jest, as I did. I have my own occasional brain cramps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VanEpsInDeChirico
    Thanks for the tips everyone. Put some .11 chrome flats on the Les Paul and it was just what it needed. Can't believe I waited this long to try it, but I really didn't expect it to have such a BIG impact on the tone. They sound incredible.
    It really changes the tone, yes. No more plinky highs, much more solid fundamentals and mids. And Chromes are very consistent.

Note: If you ever give in and get a Tele, the same strings (in the same gauge) will have the same effect.