The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Unlike its bigger cousins (cube 60 and cube 40), there isn't a lot of information about these amps online.

I got one recently. It's a quality, clean practice amp. A little too SS sounding at times perhaps but Tech 21 Blonde warms it up nicely.
    Does anybody else on the forum has this amp? Is it loud enough for drum-less live playing? Would make sense to upgrade the speaker to an efficient and warm guitar speaker? The speaker in it is 8 ohms and has no brand logo.
    Attached Images Attached Images Vintage Roland Cube 20 (Blonde)-fyfsgu4vvuielmw2l7jq-jpg 
    Last edited by Tal_175; 12-05-2021 at 07:20 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Unlike its bigger cousins (cube 60 and cube 4)) there isn't a lot of information about these amps online.

I got one recently. It's a quality, clean practice amp. A little too SS sounding at times perhaps but Tech 21 Blonde warms it up nicely.
    Does anybody else on the forum has this amp? Is it loud enough for drum-less live playing? Would make sense to upgrade the speaker to an efficient, round guitar speaker? The speaker in it is 8 ohms and has no brand logo.
    Nice score, did you buy it? How does the verb sound? Be careful to measure internal front to back before getting a speaker, if I remember from my orange one they are very tight. That magnet is right up to the back.

User Info Menu

I used one of these way back not quite the same as the 40 or 60 w, i think more for practice perhaps, cant remember, i had several white 60W very good and the 40W is good, put a Cannabis Rex Hemp, or Lil Buddy in, it takes it to another level.

Vintage Roland Cube 20 (Blonde)-cube-20-jpg

Vintage Roland Cube 20 (Blonde)-cube-20-b-jpg-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Nice score, did you buy it? How does the verb sound? Be careful to measure internal front to back before getting a speaker, if I remember from my orange one they are very tight. That magnet is right up to the back.
    Thanks, will do. That's good to know. I might end up keeping the stock speaker as it's hard to find 8ohm 8 inch speakers.
    It's got spring reverb. I think it sounds good.

User Info Menu

I've got an orange one and I'm very happy with it. It's not very loud but it's enough for practice.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Do you guys use the overdrive channel? It doesn't add much overdrive but I seem to be getting a more "tubey" sound from that channel. A little more rounder and fatter sound than the clean channel. It's also louder. I keep the gain (volume knob) low so it's still clean, but even all the way up it's mostly a cleanish, bluesy overdrive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Do you guys use the overdrive channel? It doesn't add much overdrive but I seem to be getting a more "tubey" sound from that channel. A little more rounder and fatter sound than the clean channel. It's also louder. I keep the gain (volume knob) low so it's still clean, but even all the way up it's mostly a cleanish, bluesy overdrive.
    I use it for the single coil on the tele and sometimes for the floater on my ibanez archtop. I agree it adds a nice bit of warmth. It's not so good at keeping a full sized humbucker clean - my dot goes muddy quickly in that channel.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk