User Info Menu

I really got a serious smile out of the Stringphonic Leroy SA when I first saw it posted on the For Sale board here. A 13 inch archtop with some serious intent, I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't moved yet. It probably isn't for me with a P90 and an ebony fingerboard but I've been looking at the Stringphonic site and they typically have a rosewood board and single neck humbucker. That's probably more in my wheel house. They also have one with a solid spruce top and a CC pickup. Anyone else like what they've seen in these (or knows any more details)?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

the sound is nice!:-)

User Info Menu

This is a hand-held recording, probably on cellphone, which tells me nothing except that the player is up to the task. To me, the sound is muddy, bass-boomy and boxy, with abundant fret squeal. It's got to be the recording and/or the rest of the signal chain, but I'd not buy the guitar based on this clip.

Why are we so keen to pass judgments based on sub-standard recordings? A B&O vendor once told me that people make buying decisions on home HiFi systems based on how they sound on their cellphones...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    This is a hand-held recording, probably on cellphone, which tells me nothing except that the player is up to the task. To me, the sound is muddy, bass-boomy and boxy, with abundant fret squeal. It's got to be the recording and/or the rest of the signal chain, but I'd not buy the guitar based on this clip.

Why are we so keen to pass judgments based on sub-standard recordings? A B&O vendor once told me that people make buying decisions on home HiFi systems based on how they sound on their cellphones...
    Actually I only posted the video because there were problems on their web site so I couldn't get a photo at the time.