User Info Menu

I have a Fender JMUL with matching speaker cab that I bought second hand.

What did these sell for originally?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I thought it was originally $850.00 or $750.00. I am sorry that I can't remember. I am thinking that it was $750.00 for head and cab.

User Info Menu

I wanna say the head was $799.

User Info Menu

I bought the head and cab new when it was available and agree with the above in that I recall around $750-$850 for head plus 1x12 cabinet. Miss the head alot. Not the cab though.

I was looking through the manual the other day and saw that the head could be used with 4 and 8 ohm cabs. For years I thought you could only use 2 ohm cabs, or in other words, the Fender Ultralight cab. I guess that is why the unit came with a Speakon to 1/4” cable. I thought that running a higher load might be related to the power supply problems that afflicted these amps but the manual suggests otherwise.

I have an Ear Candy with an 8” Eminence Beta in it that I must fire up one of these days.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    I was looking through the manual the other day and saw that the head could be used with 4 and 8 ohm cabs. For years I thought you could only use 2 ohm cabs, or in other words, the Fender Ultralight cab. I guess that is why the unit came with a Speakon to 1/4” cable. I thought that running a higher load might be related to the power supply problems that afflicted these amps but the manual suggests otherwise.

I have an Ear Candy with an 8” Eminence Beta in it that I must fire up one of these days.
    Yea, it was weird the way they went with 2 ohm optimal load. Thing is, the output power gets reduced going from 2 to 4 to 8 ohm. That said, it still had good headroom and power.