User Info Menu

Hi,

I have spotted one of each.

I have an AS73 with SD (phatcat and 59) and I love it! I need a second guitar for my week commute and I was thinking to stick to Ibanez but try the 339 version

AM93, 2014. Probably 58 Custom, probably no case. I can go and test it. I have started negotiation but probably I can go around 400/450euros and just pick the guitar.

AM153 2015 with his case. Cannot test. The guy seems a serious seller but he is stiff on negotiation. He wants 650euros (maybe I can cat to 600), and I have probably to put 50 euros of expenses

In general, I will probably not need the case that much...

Is, in your opinion, the difference of price really justified?

Thanks a lot!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I had an AM 153...

The main difference is the look....

153 has ebony fb and nicer inlay blocks. OK, it has the tri-sound switch for the neck PU that I never used.

Had to do a lot of work when it arrived, fret leveling and that kind of stuff...

I bought an used (but like new) AGS and upgraded the hardware. Prefer it any time against the AM that I sold quickly.
    Don't know if that helps...

But if you insist on AM... I'd go for the cheaper 93 (plus a guitar you can test personally!!!)

Thanks a lot!

The am93 guy did not want to negotiate a reasonable price.

The am153 did not want also and was making to much pressure.

In the meanwhile an as153 at very reasonable price came out. Mint conditions 2016 nice guy who just put it on the market at a reasonable price. I sold it to me in less then a week.

I love the guitar! Why did you have to work on your am153…?

Mine seems perfect need a setup, but the fretboard is outstanding!

User Info Menu

Well, Frets where very uneven, the fret slots where not sawn deep enough, basically I would have to replace the frets (on a brand new guitar!!!)

I decided not to, as I also didn't like the sound too much. The AM lacks bass a lot, has a very mid-rangy sound, main reason I sold it and went for a Yamaha SA2200 as my main guitar.

So good luck with the AS153 which also has a much better sound...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fofig
    Hi,

I have spotted one of each.

I have an AS73 with SD (phatcat and 59) and I love it! I need a second guitar for my week commute and I was thinking to stick to Ibanez but try the 339 version

AM93, 2014. Probably 58 Custom, probably no case. I can go and test it. I have started negotiation but probably I can go around 400/450euros and just pick the guitar.

AM153 2015 with his case. Cannot test. The guy seems a serious seller but he is stiff on negotiation. He wants 650euros (maybe I can cat to 600), and I have probably to put 50 euros of expenses

In general, I will probably not need the case that much...

Is, in your opinion, the difference of price really justified?

Thanks a lot!

User Info Menu

I have an AM153 that I bought used for $650.

It is a great guitar. Love the neck. Frets were perfect.

When I got it it was poorly set up and the nut was messed up because the person had used heavier strings and did not cut the nut well. I fixed all that and it is a great sounding, playing and looking guitar and the perfect size for me with a lower bout of 14 1/2". It is a nice weight. The AS series are a bit to big and too heavy for me. Others may like this.

As a comparison I was going to upgrade to an Eastman Romeo. I was able to test them side by side and I liked the AM better. Saved myself allot of money.

Good luck.

Frank