The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi guys,
    I just wanted to shyly mention, that the first single from my upcoming trio album is already on streming platforms, including spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/track/4vb2k...027cff1f674a70
    The tune is dedicated to BIll Frisell, obviously I hope you can hear some of that in there.

The album title already indicates that it's a live recording and here's some background - there are many stories out there about great jazz live albums, which weren't planned to be released. It was no different this time - the band had not played much concerts before in Covid-19 reality and this was supposed to be another "getting to know each other" on stage. Patrycja played on a partially borrowed drum set (including borrowed snare!), Radek used the in-house bass amplifier (which, by the way, broke at the end of the concert), and the microphone setup was a typicall live setup - only 7 tracks in total (in the studio the drums themselves are usually recorded on twice this number). But all this didn't matter when we reached out for the recording together for the first time - we knew
    immediately that a lot of good music had happened at the concert and the material has to be released as an album.

The guitar is a basic telecaster from 2019, don't remember the name but the lowest model made in USA. The neck was replaced with a TV jones filtertron and there isn't anything else I would change on that guitar - it's just sound great! Here it was plugged into my '83 fender princeton II amp (my main amp - a silverface deluxe from the 70s was in repair at that time) and recored with a shure sm57 mic. Of course a bunch of effects, too. Nothing else and I'm VERY happy with the guitar sound on that recording

If you like the music - the whole album is coming next Friday. Apart from 7 originals, there is also "Small Town" by Bill Frisell on that album.

Pre-save link for the album
    Live at JazzState by Jakub Żołubak Trio - DistroKid

Have fun!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I hope you will share it in another format, for those of us who do not use Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    I hope you will share it in another format, for those of us who do not use Spotify.
    OH, sure! You can look it up by name in almost every popular streaming platform - JAKUB ZOLUBAK TRIO - BILLISH, or click one of the links below:
    Apple Music / iTunes
    Billish wykonawcy Jakub Żołubak Trio w Apple Music

Tidal
    tidal.com/browse/track/202551713

YT

Deezer
    Jakub Żołubak Trio (new album) - Billish: lyrics and songs | Deezer

User Info Menu

Thank you. Well played. I posted it to the Princeton Reverb II Facebook group.

User Info Menu

Beautifully done!

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Thank you. Well played. I posted it to the Princeton Reverb II Facebook group.
    Thank you Litterick!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    Beautifully done!
    Thanks for listening!