The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

$800 Canadian for a Tele with some nice ergonomics, a cheap paint job and made in Canada. That sounds like a really nice package from a company whose guitars I've generally gotten along with well in the past. That sounds like it has some potential for a cheap win but finding out the specifics on things like the neck profile has turned out to be something of a challenge. Anyone tried one?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I feel your pain. I am seriously interested in a Montreal Premiere, but I need to know more before I could ask the store to request one from another branch at the other end of the country. The Godin website says it weighs fifteen pounds, which I do not believe, and tells me the fretboard radius but not the profile.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    I feel your pain. I am seriously interested in a Montreal Premiere, but I need to know more before I could ask the store to request one from another branch at the other end of the country. The Godin website says it weighs fifteen pounds, which I do not believe, and tells me the fretboard radius but not the profile.
    I owned a Montreal Premier. It weight under 7 lbs. I believe that was considered typical.

User Info Menu

The Godin website says it weighs fifteen pounds
    That must be the weight for the guitar in the case!

User Info Menu

I can help with this guitar
    It ways about 6.6 lbs = 3 kg
    The neck is a nicely tapered C starting at .85" at fret 1 (21.6mm)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRS
    I can help with this guitar
    It ways about 6.6 lbs = 3 kg
    The neck is a nicely tapered C starting at .85" at fret 1 (21.6mm)
    Thank you. That is very helpful. Now I must decide.