The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Actually this wasn't the first gig i used it on, but the first someone took a video from. Very different from their first model, frankly i don't know which one i prefer, i like both. A good description is the first one was like a tweed amp, very dynamic, mid focused, more gain. This one has the reverb of course, but also more of a neutral sound, more bass, less gain and a little bit less overall volume. Kind of like a blackface amp..

I guested on this gig, it was in a bar, and played without miking the amp, no problems with keeping up. Wish there was a video of a loud song.. The hammond player was also playing unmiked, using a leslie cabinet. If we were playing more (or covid goes away and we do in the future) i would gig the heck out of this amp... i carry it in a backpack!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very enjoyable.

User Info Menu

Sounds great! Excellent playing. My kind of playing.

Huge ZT fan. Already have a regular lunchbox...might need to grab one of these too.

User Info Menu

This sounds great.

I've posted before that I had the LB and couldn't get a sound out of it that I liked.

But, the guitar sound (and the playing) here are great.

User Info Menu

It's an "old, sweet song" and I love it! Well done, one and all!

Also nice to see a drummer with brushes!

User Info Menu

Very nice guitar solo...exelent blues feel...:-)

User Info Menu

Hi, A,
    I hear some old Rock vibe mixed in with some R@B licks in your playing. Love the organ trio sound!
    Play live . . . Marinero

P.S. I thought I was the only player that used the thumb in that context starting at 1:45. I usually use it very sparingly as an ending. First time I've seen it on a video. Also, any Covid restrictions by the club owner? M

User Info Menu

Great playing by all and a fine sounding rig. And that kind of sound is why a two pickup guitar can really bring it. The middle position delivers that crossover sound in spades.

User Info Menu

Sounds good. I might be getting a ZT junior. Mostly to use it as a powerful battery amp (more powerful than microcube) and as a practice amp.

I was also wondering if it would sound good when used together with my Princeton in a loader situation? That way Princeton can be kept in it's clean sweet spot with the help of the ZT junior (which weights nothing and can fit in a backpack).

I'm getting the junior because obviously anytime someone sees a ZT lunchbox the first thing that comes to mind is "I wonder if they make a smaller version?".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Sounds good. I might be getting a ZT junior. Most to use it as a powerful batter amp (more powerful than microcube) and as a practice amp.

I was also wondering if it would sound good when used together with my Princeton in a loader situation? That way Princeton can be kept in it's clean sweet spot with the help of the ZT junior (which weights nothing and can fit in a backpack).

I'm getting the junior because obviously anytime someone sees a ZT lunchbox the first thing that comes to mind is "I wonder if they make a smaller version?".
    Have you looked at the Bose S1 Pro? 6 hour battery charge. Two inputs with pre-amp setting for vocals or guitar or just line in. Bass Treble and a very decent reverb. On top of that it's bluetooth so you can use it for streaming music. Can work as a PA speaker or monitor. Probably got the most value out of this purchase then any other piece of gear and I've bought a lot. On the gig or at a tailgate it does it all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    Have you looked at the Bose S1 Pro? 6 hour battery charge. Two inputs with pre-amp setting for vocals or guitar or just line in. Bass Treble and a very decent reverb. On top of that it's bluetooth so you can use it for streaming music. Can work as a PA speaker or monitor. Probably got the most value out of this purchase then any other piece of gear and I've bought a lot. On the gig or at a tailgate it does it all.
    It seems like an interesting option. But I can get ZT junior for a lot cheaper and I think it would be good enough for my purposes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    It seems like an interesting option. But I can get ZT junior for a lot cheaper and I think it would be good enough for my purposes.
    Yes don't know if you are ever in need of PA components on some gigs; that's why I mention the very versatile Bose S1 Pro. It also a full range type speaker; great for acoustics, keyboard etc. As with many Bose products the speakers are in an array so the sound dispersal is great.

The difference in price is $250 nothing to sneeze at but in my weird family of 5 economics that is a nice dinner out but the Bose will last much longer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, A,
    I hear some old Rock vibe mixed in with some R@B licks in your playing. Love the organ trio sound!
    Play live . . . Marinero

P.S. I thought I was the only player that used the thumb in that context starting at 1:45. I usually use it very sparingly as an ending. First time I've seen it on a video. Also, any Covid restrictions by the club owner? M
    Yeah great playing, and great sound by all.

I’m hearing a lot of Derek Trucks in that, whom coincidentally I will be seeing live in one week.