The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

I need to modify the bridge on my 8 year old Ibanez afj95, but before setting to work on it I thought it may be a good idea to buy in a new spare version - just in case as it were! The original guitar came with a TOM type bridge on a wood base and the all wood one referred to. I wonder if any member(s) still have the unused one lying in their case?

Long shot.

Thanks in advance.

David

BTW, the part number is: 2GB1H1WDG ( Ibanez ) but long since discontinued apparently.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi David in France, it’s David in Virginia…

Check with Rich Harris at Ibanezrules.com. He is a legit Ibanez parts guy and will be able to help you.
    All mine have the TOM in the case and the wood on the guitars. (He does a lot of international business.)
    In my experience (I ordered two, one from Rich one e bay) the wood bridges from Ibanez regardless of year in the AFJs run pretty much the same. I’ve had trouble with their wood bridges not lining up with a Gibson base, the holes didn’t align. But within the family I’ve gone between Chinese, Indonesian, and MIJ combinations no problem.
    If you need any other info/help let me know.

Good luck!
    jk

User Info Menu

Good luck David!

User Info Menu

Hi David in Virginia!

Many thanks for that - really helpful. Will get on the case.

Cordialement,

David

User Info Menu

Thanks Tommo. I know that you are an afj95 devotee. Mine is a superb example of what Ibanez can do ( in the ten years that I handled Peerless, I think I only sold one that came close), but with 3/64" at the twelfth fret on the low E there is no further room for seasonal adjustment. BTW, how does your Eastman sound with the new pots. Did you change all four pots or just the tone +/- the cap? Mine is close to perfect with the Seth Lover in the neck and TI 12s, just missing the lack of tone variation on the pot.

ATB,

David

User Info Menu

The AFJ-95 is a wonderful instrument for Jazz. I hope you can resolve your bridge issue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat
    Thanks Tommo. I know that you are an afj95 devotee. Mine is a superb example of what Ibanez can do ( in the ten years that I handled Peerless, I think I only sold one that came close), but with 3/64" at the twelfth fret on the low E there is no further room for seasonal adjustment. BTW, how does your Eastman sound with the new pots. Did you change all four pots or just the tone +/- the cap? Mine is close to perfect with the Seth Lover in the neck and TI 12s, just missing the lack of tone variation on the pot.

ATB,

David
    I changed all the pots - I mean once you're in there... all TAD CTS 70/30 log pots plus Orange Drops.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    I changed all the pots - I mean once you're in there... all TAD CTS 70/30 log pots plus Orange Drops.
    And from what you said previously Tom, I imagine you swapped out the 0.47 (Eastman) cap? Signficant difference in tone?

David

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat
    And from what you said previously Tom, I imagine you swapped out the 0.47 (Eastman) cap? Signficant difference in tone?

David
    Like I mentioned: Orange Drops .022 - not much of a difference really.

User Info Menu

Salut David,

Le meilleur chevalet bois que j'ai trouvé pour mon Ibanez AG95 est celui que j'ai fabriqué avec de l'ébène achetée sur Leboncoin.
    Le chevalet Ibanez est introuvable et les chevalets adaptables pas forcément adaptés aux tirants des cordes des guitares jazz.

À bientôt

The best wood bridge for my Ibanez AG95 is the one I made from ebony bought on Leboncoin.fr.
    The Ibanez bridge is very hard to find and adaptable bridges are not
    necessarily suited to jazz guitar string gauges.

User Info Menu

Merci pour ça. En fait, je pense en avoir trouvé un en Autriche chez Guitar-Lounge. J'attends d'entendre. S'ils ont un stock, je posterai les détails ici pour le bénéfice des autres.

Musicalement,

David

Thanks for that. In fact, I think I may have found one in Austria at Guitar-Lounge. I am waiting to hear. If they have a stock I will post the details here for the benefit of others.

Musicalement,

David

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=blackcat;1158189]Merci pour ça. En fait, je pense en avoir trouvé un en Autriche chez Guitar-Lounge. J'attends d'entendre. S'ils ont un stock, je posterai les détails ici pour le bénéfice des autres.

Musicalement,

David

Thanks for that. In fact, I think I may have found one in Austria at Guitar-Lounge. I am waiting to hear. If they have a stock I will post the details here for the benefit of others.

It's here - Ibanez part No. 2GB1HWDG - rosewood bridge/chevalet for Artcore guitars. Excellent service from : Guitar-Lounge|24h Online Shop in Austria. Big selection of Ibanez spares. Thought I'd never find one.

David