1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Cheap price and near me. 16 fret neck. I don't need it at all, but that's a very nice burst....

    Might just go look to satisfy my curiosity, see if the neck is straight. If so, some upgrades might make it worth it. Don't know if it has a full length block or just supports.

    Ivy jazz guitar semi-hollow with Pro setup - musical instruments -...

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Cheap price and near me. 16 fret neck. I don't need it at all, but that's a very nice burst....

    Might just go look to satisfy my curiosity, see if the neck is straight. If so, some upgrades might make it worth it. Don't know if it has a full length block or just supports.

    Ivy jazz guitar semi-hollow with Pro setup - musical instruments -...
    I just got home from a gig with another guitar player who brought his brand new IYV (same model as the one you’re considering - the neck joins the body at 16, but it’s a 22 fret neck). It’s amazingly nice - build and finish are more than acceptable, it plays fine, and it sounds very good through our CS Princeton Reverb. As expected, its acoustic tone and volume are both weak. His needs a simple setup, as there’s a little fret buzz above 12. But overall, it held its own with our blues band. Feedback was not a problem at all at levels that hung easily with me through my Vibrolux plus our drummer and B3. I tried it and would have no problem using it on any gig.

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    IYV is a Chinese manufacturer that sells most of their guitar through Amazon. Reviews are good should be decent for the price. Its not far from what they're going new though...

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shay
    IYV is a Chinese manufacturer that sells most of their guitar through Amazon. Reviews are good should be decent for the price. Its not far from what they're going new though
    They’re made in Vietnam. My friend bought his from Amazon for $190 2 weeks ago. But it does need a setup, which is an added cost. This was reportedly done on WS’s target and he can see this one in person. So playability can be assessed easily. If it needs work, it’s still a bit cheaper than a new one that needs work. And there are a few blemishes on the new one I played today (irregularity on pickguard, a few tiny finish flaws etc). So if the used one is perfect, I’d grab it.

    FWIW, the pickups are quiet (which is saying something, since there’s a cell tower and a regional rail line with 440V overhead power outside the club’s wall next to the stage - single coils are unbearably noisy and even many humbuckers get annoying). They actually sound pretty good, too. I didn’t look inside except a quick glance through an f-hole to see if it was clean inside, and it is - no glue globs, rough wood etc. The neck felt fine with no fret overhang or roughness. I think these are great value.

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    They’re made in Vietnam. My friend bought his from Amazon for $190 2 weeks ago. But it does need a setup, which is an added cost. This was reportedly done on WS’s target and he can see this one in person. So playability can be assessed easily. If it needs work, it’s still a bit cheaper than a new one that needs work. And there are a few blemishes on the new one I played today (irregularity on pickguard, a few tiny finish flaws etc). So if the used one is perfect, I’d grab it.

    FWIW, the pickups are quiet (which is saying something, since there’s a cell tower and a regional rail line with 440V overhead power outside the club’s wall next to the stage - single coils are unbearably noisy and even many humbuckers get annoying). They actually sound pretty good, too. I didn’t look inside except a quick glance through an f-hole to see if it was clean inside, and it is - no glue globs, rough wood etc. The neck felt fine with no fret overhang or roughness. I think these are great value.
    Very interesting. Thanks so much for the info on these..

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    I'm really *crazy* busy right now, but if I can prep an hour I might go check it out.

  8. #7
    Seems like it's gone already.