The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 108 of 108

User Info Menu

I don’t see your point. Asking for experiences of other player is all ways useful. Especially since I will probably buy second hand.

@Frans 97: yes I am. But what I don’t need is random ‘wisdom’ about swapping speakers.
    Maybe you didn’t notice, but I asked about the XD. Wheater it was a good amp or not. It was good but I had to swap the speaker . . . In my book that is a bad amp. That car is good but you have to swap the engine. That sort of thing.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    fender super champ xd (i hate all the modeling and effects, but everybody seems to like it, so i'll give it a try)”

Well, the secret of the SCXD is that channel 1 is not modeling and it has very good fender
    clean tube sound.

The channel 2 has all the modelings but one does not need to use them!

Here is a video about a guy who has a SCXD and changed the speaker to Celestion Gold 10:

The XD is a good amp with a bad speaker as Herbie said.

You are asking for cheap amps, and as cheap cars you get what you paid for. XD bad speaker. Pro Junior bad cabinet. And components...

What you want cost more money than your budget.

All your choices are sub par amps, bad amps in your book. Save more money, try as many amps as you can and get what you like.

User Info Menu

@Charles
    You are not making any sense. The Koch and the pro junior are/seem both good amps for what i intend to use them for.
    Please don't put words in my mouth.
    Last edited by Marcel_A; 11-02-2021 at 05:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_A
    @Charles
    You are not making any sense. The Koch and the pro junior seem both are/seem both good amps for what i intend to use them for.
    Please don't put words in my mouth.
    Sorry Marcel, not my intention, far from that.

User Info Menu

C'est la ton qui fait la musique...
    I don't know about the rest and maybe it is because you're not a native English speaker (neither am I), but to be honest Marcel, I really don't like your tone of voice. People are trying to help you, free of charge, in their own time, because they share a passion. Is it too much to ask to remain polite if they (in your eyes) offer advice that doesn't really help you?

We, the Dutch, already have a reputation of being blunt. Let's not reinforce that reputation on this excellent, friendly and very helpful forum please.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback Joe. I don’t intend to be impolite. If it comes across like that, my apologies. Maybe the ‘bluntness’ is a bit intentionally. Some advice does not come across as such.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    fender super champ xd (i hate all the modeling and effects, but everybody seems to like it, so i'll give it a try)”

Well, the secret of the SCXD is that channel 1 is not modeling and it has very good fender
    clean tube sound.

The channel 2 has all the modelings but one does not need to use them!

Here is a video about a guy who has a SCXD and changed the speaker to Celestion Gold 10:

Hello, Herbie!
    The Super Champ XD uses DSP in the preamp section - for all channels. It sounds very nice though. I've owned one for about a decade.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chasranney
    Hello, Herbie!
    The Super Champ XD uses DSP in the preamp section - for all channels. It sounds very nice though. I've owned one for about a decade.
    Oh, thanks, good to know!

I too had one almost for a decade. I loved its sound (with the stock speaker) so much that I just had to build ”a real” AB763 amp.