The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 78 of 78

User Info Menu

Vintage guitars are like women (or men if you are a female). They are all going to have issues. You just have to find one whose issues you can live with.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papawooly
    Thoughts On This Near Immaculate 1951 Gibson ES-175-1cae59f1-5f17-4eba-9583-607c800211c0-jpeg
    That looks like it is in unplayed condition if orig finish...
    Here's my 51 L4CN for comparison ...hope it helps!
    Lovely guitar, but was anybody else gobsmacked with the PLANT? What the heck is that? Looks like Carol Kane on a humid day.

Back OT, I am not enough of an expert to know how authentic each piece of that guitar is. Looks good to me. The case looks good, and those go for quite a bit these days as well, right? Anyway, prices for ‘50’s 175s on Reverb are all over the place, from the mid-$4Ks to $10K.

It would be nice if you could find a good one. Vintage vs new…well you know they’re not making any more of those 1950s Gibsons anymore. (And aren’t even making new 175s at all these days for general sale.) They are a rare species. Life is short. Get what you want while you can.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Vintage guitars are like women (or men if you are a female). They are all going to have issues. You just have to find one whose issues you can live with.
    At our age, one would hope all the issues have been sorted out to some extent. I have found through experience that’s not always the case, but it is usually fun or at least entertaining trying to figure out which things work as advertised.