The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

1998 PRS AT2, violin amber burst, gold hardware, double ten, rosewood headstock overlay.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Very cool.
    thank you.

User Info Menu

Luscious! PRSs rarely fail to dazzle!

User Info Menu

I am DAZZLED!

User Info Menu

That's cool. I'm rockin' a PRS SE P20E flat top.
    Cheapest guitar in my collection, but it has serious game.

User Info Menu

My "racial harmony" PRS's.

PRS Archtop Photos-prs-twins-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    My "racial harmony" PRS's.

PRS Archtop Photos-prs-twins-jpg
    I'm thinking "Maple Nut Fudge." Maybe I should check my blood sugar. Mighty sweet looking!

User Info Menu

There's a recent PRS Archtop on Reverb right now. Almost $10k. Very nice looking!

User Info Menu

Yeah, i've never been a fan of the birds either.
    That's why my only PRS is an early McCarty Model with the pearl/abalone moon markers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonray
    But the BIRDS!!!!!???

Why does PRS insist on those damn BIRDS.

They've become quite Hitchcockian to me. [Remember the movie?]

Now, when PRS first came to my notice I loved the look and lusted for a "10 top with BIRDS" .....but I'm so so
    over them....they piss me off when I pick up a PRS to try in a shop.

I look down.....and it's BIRDS everywhere....well in the usual places.

They make superb instruments, but I'd never, never, ever buy one with BIRDS

Ahhhhhhh.....having got that off my chest it's on with the gorgeous PRS archtops.........with........well.....you know.
    My '86 CU24 is so adorned, as were my other two CU24s. I find them metaphoric. To each his own.

User Info Menu

I do want one of those, however… not anytime soon
    Given Paul’s in Annapolis MD, and in that fair port city there be gulls, I always thought they weren’t Birds but Seagulls. Having often watched a flock of gulls in a shore side McDonalds parking lot going after tossed French fries, that neck makes total sense.
    Thankfully his guitars sound a lot better than a bunch of flying rats screaming at each other.

User Info Menu

In the past I’ve owned both a Hollowbody 2 as well as a SC Hollow Std.all mahogany models. While excellent guitars there were a couple of issues for me.
    First they both had medium shaped necks which is fine for most people. And they didn’t offer a Fatter Alternative sans the Private Stock $10k route.

Secondly while a great all around instrument it didn’t have enough resonance for lack of a better term. The instrument was a bit stiff which allowed it to be played at loud volumes but it was a bad trade off for me.
    Again great instruments and Kudos for Joe Knaggs coming up with this design. Just didn’t do it for me, so thus multiple guitars for different uses remain. Well there’s always my Tele Partscasters,Lol!

User Info Menu

I used to dislike the birds too when I got my first. But after playing PRS for a few decades now, the neck and fretwork are so great, I actually have grown fond of the feathered friends..

User Info Menu

Just as a fun fact, there is a story behind the birds:

Please Wait... | Cloudflare

Interesting, but I still don't prefer them. It certainly is a part of the brand and will unlikely change anytime soon.

User Info Menu

Read that, So there went my seagull theory. Now I also don’t like them so much.