The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 119 of 119

User Info Menu

One of my favorite tunes from that era, nice playing !!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tasty tone, interesting ideas and great phrasing. Add a dream guitar and who vould ask for anything more?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Lovely! At these easier tempos, the melodicism of bebop is so evident. It isn't just 8th note licks at 250 bpm. Bebop was and is a very melodic form when played correctly.... which you do!
    Spot on, Lawson! The lyrical ease of Dutch Bopper's rendition is thoroughly engaging. Love it!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That is a proper jazz guitar tone.

User Info Menu

Great sound and great playing. And wonderful guitar too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Through my Mambo amp .... My first post with proper avatar and signature ...

What a beautiful sound...what a beautiful playing.
    It reminds me of the world's jazz guitar masters.
    Exelent!!!

User Info Menu

great post...nailed the head.....heres the miles solo..send him $5 for a coffee...TRANSCRIPTION: "Boplicity" from Miles Davis' "Birth of Cool" — Mountainside Music

User Info Menu

Not to derail the thread,

I went to a Dollar Brand / Abdullah Ibrahim gig once to find Sam Most was subbing for him with this guy...

Boplicity is at 24:11

User Info Menu

Excellent, Dutchbopper!

As they say: any Boplicity is good Boplicity!

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I think there is sometimes a legal thing where if you write lyrics to an instrumental tune by someone else, you have to record/perform it with a different title.

I have a CD by Carmen McRae where she sings a load of Monk tunes, but most of the titles have been changed at the insistence of the publisher (according to the CD booklet). So ‘Straight No Chaser’ is renamed as ‘Get It Straight’, for example.
    Thanks for the clarification Graham.

DB

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Gerry Mulligan did a nice re-make of the Birth of the Cool tunes, with Wallace Roney and Phil Woods taking the place of Miles and Lee Konitz. I think someone had to transcribe all the arrangements from the original records, as most of the charts had been lost over the years.

Very nice!

DB

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Tasty tone, interesting ideas and great phrasing. Add a dream guitar and who vould ask for anything more?
    It's time for you to join the 350 clan SS! You know it is ...

DB

User Info Menu

It's time for you to join the 350 clan SS! You know it is ...

DB
    The 175 floats my boat and I am pretty content with three of them. But one could say I am halfway there.

User Info Menu

Through my Mambo amp .... My first post with proper avatar and signature ...

Fine playing, DB and great tone!

User Info Menu

Dutch it's been so long since I saw you last. Great to see you still laying down some bop. Sounding great as always.

User Info Menu

Okay, I’ve got the head under my fingers! It’s addictive to play. Next will be memorising the chords, and then the creative part (the difficult bit).

It’s fun to play the head with you, DB

User Info Menu

Great tone, playing, total package

And now I want to learn this tune. Thats the highest compliment I can give.

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Okay, I’ve got the head under my fingers! It’s addictive to play. Next will be memorising the chords, and then the creative part (the difficult bit).

It’s fun to play the head with you, DB
    Ha, that's great Rob. It's such a marvellous bop head. Good luck!

DB